Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Updating from the basic 4" radio to a MyLink Radio

1996 7
Hi! My name is Julia and I own a Chevrolet Cruze Limited 2016 1.4L Turbo. The radio that came with it isn't working well and if I replace it I'd rather take the opportunity to upgrade to the MyLink Radio. I don't know a lot about cars and my plan is to buy the replacement and take it to the shop so they can do it for me, but I've read many threads and I'm at a loss at what I should buy exactly. The part numbers is also something that confuses me. I found these options but I don't know how to check if they would be compatible and if I have to buy something else to go with it:

option 1

option 2

option 3

I can send photos of the car or anything that could help you help me 😭 Thank you in advance if anyone sees this.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,165 Posts
Hi! My name is Julia and I own a Chevrolet Cruze Limited 2016 1.4L Turbo. The radio that came with it isn't working well and if I replace it I'd rather take the opportunity to upgrade to the MyLink Radio. I don't know a lot about cars and my plan is to buy the replacement and take it to the shop so they can do it for me, but I've read many threads and I'm at a loss at what I should buy exactly. The part numbers is also something that confuses me. I found these options but I don't know how to check if they would be compatible and if I have to buy something else to go with it:

option 1

option 2

option 3

I can send photos of the car or anything that could help you help me 😭 Thank you in advance if anyone sees this.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

Look at the second link first.

The SQ Car Audio Thread V2
Mylink 2.0 Alternative and aftermarket hands free microphone adapter
How-To: Disassemble Radio To Program VIN
How I did the MyLink Wire Harness
Updated Quick and Dirty Mylink Upgrade DIY for Gen 1 Cruzes

No Splicing, Amplifier and Subwoofer Tutorial
Inside the Pioneer Amplifier
Factory Headunit sound quality Dropped with Aftermarket AMP , Speakers & Sub
Aftermarket headunit installation troubles
Removal Tutorial Mylink 7" Touchscreen System

Post in thread 'How-To: Replace door speakers'
How-To: install a Back Up Camera Cheaply
How-To: Add RCA output to your factory radio
After-market wiring connector that fits the Cruze speaker connector
HO Alternator link.

https://www.cruzetalk.com/attachments/2013_cruze_radio_audio_color_lan_busses_6-pdf.288901/https://www.cruzetalk.com/attachments/2013_cruze_radio_audio_monochrome_lan_busses_6-pdf.288902/

Extra stuff:
TSB #14311
Service Bulletin - NHTSA SB-10057574-8899
SB-10089945-2280
How-To: Installation of the Big 3 Cruze Kit
Clean the Terminals
Cruze Battery Upgrade Options

1 - 1 of 1 Posts