Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Cruze with the pioneer package and I was looking to upgrade it to the newer model of the head unit with the larger screen and stuff. Would this be possible? Would the dealership do something like this?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
You may not have the wiring harness for the newer H U to begin with .
To the best of my recollection a Dealer won't touch this idea of yours .

You need to look up an Audio Sales and Installation Service for these ideas .. Integration is the operative term here ..

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
Would this be possible? Would the dealership do something like this?
To date, the answer has been "trade in". As in whole car.

The 2011 never had a MyLink option - so there's no matching options for the dealer to select when it comes time to flash the various computers.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It's fairly major undertaking to replace the stock head unit if that's what you're thinking. I consider myself fairly technically literate, and couldn't have done it without a few calls to Crutchfield, and soaking up everything I could from YouTube videos. I would go to a reputable car audio installer, and ask them first for a ballpark figure on the cost of install gear and labor before anything else.

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
It's fairly major undertaking to replace the stock head unit if that's what you're thinking. I consider myself fairly technically literate, and couldn't have done it without a few calls to Crutchfield, and soaking up everything I could from YouTube videos.
Was that upgrading to a different OEM radio, or installing aftermarket? The latter seems a bit tricky, but do-able. The former - I'm not sure as it's possible without re-writing software.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
I could stick anything he wants in there and make it look sound and fuction as factory .. tell me what ya want we'll build it ..

PAY ME !!!!!!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts