Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 Cruze LT with standard stereo. It appears I have round speakers in the front doors and rear doors, I do not have speakers on the rear deck. Are those four round speakers all I have?

I would like to upgrade the sound system for $100ish or less. Crutchfield has Kenwood KFC-1665S Sport Series 6-1/2" 2-way speakers for $40 per pair ($30 scratch & dent). Would I get a decent upgrade by just replacing the round door speakers with these? Should I consider 6 x 9s on the rear deck? How would these connect to the stereo?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
A decent set of 6.5 inch component speakers are all that you would start with to upgrade the front sound stage a little . I have found that after installing a better set of drivers in the front can improve the quality of the front stage ..

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I recommend reading sq car audio threads, very informative. Start there you may find what you need. There are so many options available but you need to read these that have been laid out for you in great detail. Once you have read there jump back on here and post your findings.

dont buy those kenwoods your wasting your money

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, guess I didn't realize there was another thread for audio. I'll see what I can find!

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts