Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I will be purchasing a GM fog light setup (housings, harness, stock switch panel, etc).

I currently have 6k HIDs in projector housings as my primary low beams. There is a drastic cutoff on the sides, so making right turns by high curbs can be nervewrecking. I have great distance, nice cutoff, and overall I am happy, but I feel like I need more side to side closer to my bumper. I go on long roadtrips too (coming up in Sept) so I could use the extra light.

I am veering away from HIDs in the fogs because of heat and scatter. I got the projectors to avoid being to bright and annoying as well.
Old posts I have read here state that LEDs are more for looks. Those were posts from 2+ years ago, and I feel they have come a long way.
There are H8 LEDs of varying sizes. Most of them are 'straight' though, and do not have that 90 degree bend to connect to the wiring.

Will a regular H8 (without the 90 degree bend) fit?
I am hoping to double the lumens of stock, and not get too crazy. There are lots of very high lumen options I am not considering.

Please advise.
Thanks
Nick

I am also aware that there is programming needed to make the fogs work for a 2011. I'm hoping the trifecta tune can be tweaked to accept fogs.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are nice - but $130 amazon price is too rich for me.
Philips is great, and I have used their halogens and LEDs, but that's **** expensive.

Even if there is no 'bend' will H11 'driving light' leds fit properly provided there is space behind?
Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That fog setup looks really nice, thanks for sharing.

How many watts/lumens per bulb are those EKlights?
I see so many on ebay and it's tough to pick out the 'good' ones, but I like those copper cooling wires I have seen.
They go up to 12000lumens, which A I don't believe and B is way too much. What I am looking at seems to be along the lines of 30/40 watts and 3000-4000 lumens (which I take with a grain of salt on accuracy).

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The EK light shown is a H8 and a direct fit?
Sounds like 1200 vs 800 stock per bulb.

Yeah, I definitely don't trust those crazy ratings. They had 100 watt sets, lol, like SPF 100 sunscreen, it is basically not real.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice.

So will the H11 will be a direct fit though, correct? You said only the H9 needs trimming.
I'm looking for the direct fit.

Thanks
Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.