Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded in my Chevy Sonic for a 2013 Cruze. While the Sonic was a good running car with a good ride (for a small car) I found it to be just a bit TOO small for my liking. Loving the Cruze right now and it's the car I should have bought instead of the Sonic. Still on my first tank of gas and getting 31 MPG average according to Ultragauge. My wife likes it better as well due to the larger trunk space. I'm still expecting to find something wrong with the car but nothing yet. Fingers crossed!

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Welcome and Congratulations. Did you have a Sonic Hatch or Sedan?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I always loved the way the Sonic looks in pictures but it amazed me how small it was in person. Congrats on the Cruze though!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome and congratulations!
For its small size it was surprisingly comfortable even on a six hour trip to PA. But, like I said, it was just a little too small.
I traded up from a cute car to a pretty car. Definitely feels more luxurious and sure looks nice sitting in my driveway! :smile:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I have a 2011 and 2015 Cruze, I like both of them. I drove a rented Sonic Hatchback for a week in Ohio, not a bad car at all. It had a few small things I did not like but that could have been the model. Such as only one 12 volt outlet in the drivers console in the front. I had the GPS plugged into it and could not keep my phones charged at the same time. I didn't want to plug into the USB jack as I didn't want to connect my phone to the car. I didn't have a splitter with me and I was not going to buy one for the week. No passengers arm rest in the center. The rear view camera was way off on distance, compared to my Cruze. The camera looked look you were 20 feet away and you were maybe 3 feet, the lines also did not turn with the car like the Cruze does they just stayed straight.

I just traded in my Chevy Sonic for a 2013 Cruze. While the Sonic was a good running car with a good ride (for a small car) I found it to be just a bit TOO small for my liking. Loving the Cruze right now and it's the car I should have bought instead of the Sonic. Still on my first tank of gas and getting 31 MPG average according to Ultragauge. My wife likes it better as well due to the larger trunk space. I'm still expecting to find something wrong with the car but nothing yet. Fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
One full size suitcase filled up the hatch area. We did find that there is a storage space under the floor of the hatch where I could hide stuff so people could not see it and it adds about 20% to the storage space depth.

I had the hatchback. No storage unless the back seats were down.

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One full size suitcase filled up the hatch area. We did find that there is a storage space under the floor of the hatch where I could hide stuff so people could not see it and it adds about 20% to the storage space depth.
I did manage to get two carry on bags in the rear hatch area by removing the cargo cover and standing the bags upright. I didn't feel comfortable with them in plain sight so I didn't leave the car unattended except for the occasional bathroom break. I was utilizing the space under the floor as well but I had emergency gear stashed there such as jumper cables, duct tape, etc.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a 2011 and 2015 Cruze, I like both of them. I drove a rented Sonic Hatchback for a week in Ohio, not a bad car at all. It had a few small things I did not like but that could have been the model. Such as only one 12 volt outlet in the drivers console in the front. I had the GPS plugged into it and could not keep my phones charged at the same time. I didn't want to plug into the USB jack as I didn't want to connect my phone to the car. I didn't have a splitter with me and I was not going to buy one for the week. No passengers arm rest in the center. The rear view camera was way off on distance, compared to my Cruze. The camera looked look you were 20 feet away and you were maybe 3 feet, the lines also did not turn with the car like the Cruze does they just stayed straight.
I agree the Sonic wasn't a bad car at all. Ran and handled fine but was just too small for me and my wife. I used the USB jack in the dash storage compartment for the GPS and that was fine for that purpose. The lack of center armrest was a bit weird at first but after a while I didn't miss it after all. No rear view camera in mine although I find I hardly use the one in the Cruze except immediately before backing. I wish it had a beep alarm to let me know how close I was to something but since I never had one before it's not a big deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts