Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my cruze today, but I knew the first thing I would be needing is new reverse bulbs. I picked up a set of Phillip 921 White Vision LEDs from amazon, and I have to say, I'm quite impressed! The stock output was nowhere near this. If I have time over the weekend, I'll swap the originals back in and do a comparison.

Sky Light Automotive lighting Atmospheric phenomenon Headlamp

·
Registered
29 Posts
Those are nice, I was actually looking into the Ijdm lights but since you are having a good experience with these I might look into these instead. Actually just found them at PepBoys, cheaper than Amazon in case anyone was interested.

·
2,170 Posts
Just curious, why is upgrading the reverse lights such a high priority on your list? I feel like I personally don't spend that much time in reverse.

·
2,254 Posts
Just curious, why is upgrading the reverse lights such a high priority on your list? I feel like I personally don't spend that much time in reverse.
Lol. I'll input here.

I drive a lot at night, and have night classes in college. I back into my parking spaces and when low light conditions exist, it is much easier to see the spot with the LED's.

Plus they look cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,170 Posts
Lol. I'll input here.

I drive a lot at night, and have night classes in college. I back into my parking spaces and when low light conditions exist, it is much easier to see the spot with the LED's.

Plus they look cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may have to do this, I deliver food at night, and I do use the light from the reverse lights to help me back out of people's driveways.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reverse lights on my list were a high priority because my driveway always has 4-6 vehicles in it plus 2 dogs running around at night. The extra vision allows me to make sure I don't hit any vehicles/pets. And as mentioned earlier, when attending university I back into all my spots, and with night classes it makes it that much easier to see in the dark.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hopefully my HID's and LED interior lights come in by next week, and then i'll be matching!
Thats where I'm at right now. I have matching LED's on the front bumber, HID's headlights, LED license plate, and all interior LED's but my back up lights are the regular yellow 921's and they stick out like a sore thumb when everything else is matching.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats where I'm at right now. I have matching LED's on the front bumber, HID's headlights, LED license plate, and all interior LED's but my back up lights are the regular yellow 921's and they stick out like a sore thumb when everything else is matching.
Nice, I'm doing yellow overlays on my fog lights and DRLs, with 3000k HIDs, and doing 4300k for the low beams. Once I get the lights in, it's a matter of pulling the bumper off and doing the overlays. Any photos of your car so far?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice, I'm doing yellow overlays on my fog lights and DRLs, with 3000k HIDs, and doing 4300k for the low beams. Once I get the lights in, it's a matter of pulling the bumper off and doing the overlays. Any photos of your car so far?
Not any good ones, actually need to take some today hopefully. but Ill put it up soon. hopefully the plasti dip wheels will be in the next couple of weeks.

·
2,170 Posts
I bought Silver star xenon halogen bulbs expecting them to be white as advertised, but I really don't think they look that different from the regular halogen bulbs it came with. Any suggestions for replacing just the bulbs to get a whiter light?

Also I have replaced all my interior lights with LEDs and the license plate lights with LEDs. (One weird thing is now one of my license plate LEDs is really dim, can't figure out why) But I agree the reverse lights stick out now compared to everything else.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I bought Silver star xenon halogen bulbs expecting them to be white as advertised, but I really don't think they look that different from the regular halogen bulbs it came with. Any suggestions for replacing just the bulbs to get a whiter light?
The Silver Star I put in my interior is a great match for the "warm white" LEDs. It is cooler then the stock bulb, but it's still no where near the cool white that most LEDs are.

If you want the "LED white", I think you'll need to go to LED.

·
2,170 Posts
The Silver Star I put in my interior is a great match for the "warm white" LEDs. It is cooler then the stock bulb, but it's still no where near the cool white that most LEDs are.

If you want the "LED white", I think you'll need to go to LED.
Should have clarified I was talking about the headlights. I probably need to move this question to a different forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chevraski, I put those same bulbs in a friends SUV, and the result was the same. Barely any difference from stock. I'd recommend going LED or HID if you want the white/cool white look. And of course "blah blah blah retrofit blah blah blinding other drivers blah blah"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Chevraski, I put those same bulbs in a friends SUV, and the result was the same. Barely any difference from stock. I'd recommend going LED or HID if you want the white/cool white look. And of course "blah blah blah retrofit blah blah blinding other drivers blah blah"
Just got the Phillips LED 921 Backup lights replaced last night and I think as far as brightness they are about the same, but the color is definitely the cool white LED your looking for. Hope that helps. Super easy install.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.