Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if anyone knew about where to get an aftermarket turbo? ive looked around quite a bit and ive only found a supercharger.

Registered
Was just wondering if anyone knew about where to get an aftermarket turbo? ive looked around quite a bit and ive only found a supercharger.
Dont think you found an actually supercharger for the 1.4 but anyway. You have two choices swap the factory turbo for a vtuner or go custom

Registered
I'm curious about that forced air technologies turbo upgrade. I wonder if it's just a compressor upgrade...

Registered
I would do research on a few other kits they offer for other cars to get an idea of their viability in production. The bad thing about these engines is that no one wants to be the one to find out on a lot of these parts. Its why the vtuner kit hasn't made a great appearance on here. But once some people with disposable income decide to push the limits on it outside of boltons we should see what happens. Unless those people decide to buy a better platform which is what I suspect will happen.

Registered
I would do research on a few other kits they offer for other cars to get an idea of their viability in production. The bad thing about these engines is that no one wants to be the one to find out on a lot of these parts. Its why the vtuner kit hasn't made a great appearance on here. But once some people with disposable income decide to push the limits on it outside of boltons we should see what happens. Unless those people decide to buy a better platform which is what I suspect will happen.
a few of us have already started down that road. The vtuner is nothing more then a stock upgrade.

Registered
Yes but the only readily available review has me thinking multiple times on it since it shows a potential lacking in the system. I know it looks good and that was a fluke deal on their site, but its all we have for viability of the vtuner upgrade until they send one out to test on a members car.

And I know that people have installed their own kits but that one from FAT looks good IF there's any evidence that the company produces results and until there's an example of an every day Joe installing said kit, all we have to go by is how such a company is regarded in other communities. Preferably one where people typically run the juice out of there cars more regularly.

I'm not delving in because I'm very broke lately and can't tempt myself. Same as I couldn't go motorcycle shopping with my girlfriend.

Registered
If the FAT turbo upgrade is a true compressor, turbine and center section upgrade in a factory package, that's what I've been looking for. I'm not interested in the labor of removing the turbo for just a compressor upgrade like vtuner. I'm also not interested in parting with all the upgrades I already have to upgrade the turbo (FMIC, DP, intake). That's why it could be an attractive option.

Registered
The fat one doesn't upgrade the turbine since you still reuse your stock housing it's the same as the vtuner set up. Both housings are bottle necks to the system.

From rom what I have seen you can contact blasst performance they have a t25 upgrade using the stock manifold

Registered
The fat one doesn't upgrade the turbine since you still reuse your stock housing it's the same as the vtuner set up. Both housings are bottle necks to the system.

From rom what I have seen you can contact blasst performance they have a t25 upgrade using the stock manifold
Have you contacted them and know for a fact that they don't touch the turbine side? Their other products seem to be a complete solution (although other platforms do not have the integrated turbine/manifold set up.

Registered
Have you contacted them and know for a fact that they don't touch the turbine side? Their other products seem to be a complete solution (although other platforms do not have the integrated turbine/manifold set up.
Im saying do to the fact it still uses the stock housing it's no way you can do anything to the exhaust side without changing the manifold it's just too small of an area to swap wheels. And also the comp housing is stock sized you won't push much air thru it. If you want something bigger contact blasst they had something at one point that was stock located

Registered
They replace the compressor wheel and modify the turbine to kill back pressure. It is the MOST reasonable solution but available for a daily driven car.

Registered
They replace the compressor wheel and modify the turbine to kill back pressure. It is the MOST reasonable solution but available for a daily driven car.
Yes and it does work very well on bigger turbos

Registered
The Vtuners Turbo is Garret reworked to his specs.I think he is running around 28 psi boost.Also keep in mind on Meth.If you want to upgrade its the best solution.But you also need to upgrade the valve springs to.These engines float valves at around 25 psi boost.Best part is he has the tuneing Worked out well for it

Registered
Yes and it does work very well on bigger turbos

Not sure I follow your response. How does the turbo work well on a bigger turbo? Or the trimming the turbine? Because I knew that.

I was just pointing out that they modify both sides of the turbo rather than just the compressor. Vast improvement on that alone? Not likely, but this is an every little bit solution that is almost too easy to pass up as an opportunity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts