Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Saw the "Uplevel Instrument Cluster" on a '14 diesel (as well as some pics around the forum). I'd like to add that if possible on my '12 Eco.

Has anyone done this kinda thing?

Is this the right part? What model year did they start offering it?

Instrument Cluster for 2012 Chevrolet Cruze|95940654

Thanks in advance.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
I bet this is the same one that comes on all RS and LTZ Cruzen. Shouldn't be specific to the diesel. If it is somehow specific to the diesel, the RS/LTZ chrome one should fit your cluster since they are both for a gas engine.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I hated the cheap grey plastic the normal cruze used around the gauges, The chrome is only a slight improvement. Its not worth those prices listed though, I think I would look into removing the trim and painting it.

Slightly off topic, anyone else HATE the chrome around the bowtie on the steering wheel? The angle of that chrome when the sun hits it is freekin blinding!

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
by Uplevel, do you mean the chrome rings? They will fit, as they are the same for gas or diesel. You can get them off an RS package as well, as Sunline mentioned.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
get them off a RS model, probably a bit cheaper and most likely they would fit cant see why the diesel model would be any different.....goodluck

·
Registered
307 Posts
The uplevel instrument cluster comes off the LTZ or LTs equipped with the RS package. its worth mentioning that the Eco and diesel instrument panels are unique to their models. The uplevel cluster is like the regular LS and LT clusters except brightly backlit and have a chrome bezel, they have only two options which are "trip" and "options". where as the eco and diesel are like the normal cluster but have a 3rd "eco" display in the DIC which provides more detailed information on fuel economy. Well and the diesel one says "low sulfur diesel fuel only" above the fuel gauge.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Reactions: Merc6 and spacedout

·
Registered
639 Posts
The uplevel instrument cluster comes off the LTZ or LTs equipped with the RS package. its worth mentioning that the Eco and diesel instrument panels are unique to their models. The uplevel cluster is like the regular LS and LT clusters except brightly backlit and have a chrome bezel, they have only two options which are "trip" and "options". where as the eco and diesel are like the normal cluster but have a 3rd "eco" display in the DIC which provides more detailed information on fuel economy. Well and the diesel one says "low sulfur diesel fuel only" above the fuel gauge.
That's firmware not a special cluster. Same cluster plus chrome trim and a third option menu. So no its pretty much the same cluster.

Sent from my Thumbs.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm. Ok. So really, unless I somehow got a package with the uplevel from factory, It won't work. I was meaning a complete panel swap to get that display. I like the menu layout and features much better on the "uplevel" display then the one i have.

I'll poke around at the dealership and see what they say. I've been lucky a few times with interesting solutions...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hmmm. Ok. So really, unless I somehow got a package with the uplevel from factory, It won't work. I was meaning a complete panel swap to get that display. I like the menu layout and features much better on the "uplevel" display then the one i have.

I'll poke around at the dealership and see what they say. I've been lucky a few times with interesting solutions...
If you just swap the cluster without reprogramming I imagine your car will no longer start due to the immobilizer and VINS not matching.

·
Registered
990 Posts
You can only swap with the same year 11-12 and 13-14 and you'll need to unlock it even at that sometimes it still doesn't work.

Reactions: Merc6

·
10,712 Posts
Starting when?
2013 models they did minor refreshes and deletes to items all around. We got eco tabs but lost the digital coolant if we stay cluster specific. I believe 50 MPG was not able to be read in English settings on the trip 1 and 2 tabs.

I think your best bet to spruce your car up visually would be the rings they showed on page one if you don't get em cheaper on fleabay Also throw in the speaker chrome rings that cost the same in a 4 set. That's what I am going to do as I don't feel a need to paint anything else unless a member paints it for me and not gonna pay $20 for the oem silver pioneer ones at this time. I may plasti dip just because I know I can tear if back off when I screw up a few times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts