Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.I haven't posted in a while as I have moved out to the country and can't find an internet provider, anyways. I am about to embark on my first "cruze" roadtrip. I can't wait to see what kind of mpg I get. II'm going to chicago,wisconsin dells and minneapolis,Kansas city and everwhere in between, those are just where im staying. If you all know what to do,see or where to go I would appreciate any and all info. I'm excited about Chicago in particular.....since I have only been once in traffic and didn't get to explore at all.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
When are you going to pass through MN? This weekend there's a huge car show for classic cars/hot rods in St.Paul... If you're into that.

Triple Rock is a good bar... Seein' Double!

I go up that way a lot for concerts.

Chicago.... Cubs baby!

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Registered
154 Posts
All I can say is be ready for road construction all over the upper midwest. You can plan trips using google maps and it will show where road construction exists along a route. Also prepare for toll roads around chicagoland.

I should say that I just drove from Manitowoc WI to Rochester MN using the Wis Dells/Portage route and the only major work was in La Crosse. If you're going to the twin cities, avoid I-35E. Last time I took that road I thought I was going to lose a wheel or two.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Can find a place to park near the Museum of Science and Industry on Lake Shore Drive. Chicago Lake Shore is beautiful, but no place to park. For different story headed up 41 north into Milwaukee, also beautiful with plenty of places to park. I-94 out of Milwaukee will take clear up to the Twin Cites, Bloomington has the Mall of America, not my bag, but wife goes nuts in there.

When you drive through Mauston, wave to me, only live a hundred miles north of that. Next is Black River Falls, seven miles east is Wazee Lake, cleanest lake in the entire world. Largest car show in the world is Iola, WI, in mid July. over 80 acres of cars.

Best friend was a diehard Cubs fan, always said, wait till next year. Won't be a next year for him, passed away.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
When are you going to pass through MN? This weekend there's a huge car show for classic cars/hot rods in St.Paul... If you're into that.

Triple Rock is a good bar... Seein' Double!

I go up that way a lot for concerts.

Chicago.... Cubs baby!

Sent with iLove 6.0
Yer milkshake brings boys to the yard wherever you are, eh JJ?

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Haha what?! I said nothing about milkshaking or boys ;P I just travel a lot.

Sent with iLove 6.0
Haha yeah, but since you described it as milkshaking, that automatically means you're guilty as charged!

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Driven through practically every state in the US, Mexico, and Canada, except Alaska and Hawaii. Does Hawaii have a bridge yet?

Sick of driving, but use to be fun. Is this a sign of getting old?

Can either take 41 North out of Milwaukee and visit the EAA museum at Oshkosh, pick up Highway 10 do go across to I-94 to the twin cities. Or just take I-94 west and visit the Wisconsin Dells, distance is about the same. Whatever turns you on.

I have taken my boat to the Dells several times, but have to have esoteric knowledge to find the launch site, very well hidden. Swear those sight seeing boats try to ram me, but I can do better than 50 mph, they can't. They also scream at me with their loud speakers that I am not allowed to stop at their sites, Already know this but go to places they don't.

Also hear a million camera clicks from sight passengers, I must be more interesting than taking photos of rocks when I pass them.

Use to fly to Meigs Field in about 90 minutes, I-94 looks like a snake going all over the place. Sure congressman purchased land so they could make a fortune, well not them, but their brother-in-laws.

If two strong guys could pull I-94 straight, would knock off about a hundred miles from this trip. Aviation gas use to be 20 cents a gallon, now over six bucks. The attorneys got involved with liability, today insurance is worse than health insurance if this is even possible.

When I hear politicians say we have to move forward, backwards would be far better. Watch out for those cops in the Dells, 65 means 65. Not bad between Milwaukee and Chicago, everyone drives at 85.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts