Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My upper Radiator hose blew on a 2011 with 97k miles last week, currently getting all of the parts to replace it.

There are not a lot of videos or posts about this one given the insane positioning of the bottom clamp so my main two questions are:

1.) Is it easier to raise the car and access the lower clamp from underneath or try to wiggle in the hose clamp pliers from above down to that tiny space?
2.) What diameter clamp does this hose use?
Replacement part here: Amazon.com: Genuine GM 13291779 Radiator Inlet Hose: Automotive

·
Registered
It's not a Cruze, it's his relative from europe, opel astra j 1.4 turbo 140 ponies
21 Posts
It's easier from ontop, and actually is not even that hard to replace the hose. Just reuse the clamps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We can't access the radiator side of the clamp, its at such an awkward angle and a metal radiator hose is blocking access for our clamp tool.

At a loss on how to get the bottom half removed.

·
Registered
2011 Cruze 1.8/6 speed manual
30 Posts
We can't access the radiator side of the clamp, its at such an awkward angle and a metal radiator hose is blocking access for our clamp tool.

At a loss on how to get the bottom half removed.
Clamp tool = channel locks

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
846 Posts
So just went out looking at that situation on my own car as I haven't had to deal with that yet. The metal lines you see are transmission cooling lines.. Trans is cooled by both the a heat exchange system inside the radiator as well as a separate air cooled unit in front of the AC condenser. Looking at this I would probably pop my bumper off so I could get in to see better . That clamp at the radiator looks like its tucked in the well . Wondering if pulling the bumper and drivers headlight would give you better access to the hose and clamp ? Again I havent had to do this job myself just looking at it trying to spot access points.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts