Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

UR lower rear 2Pt brace installed

3657 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  boats4life
Finally had some time to get this done, had a crazy sched all week. Install took about 10 min, unwrapping it took about 15 min :) (UR does not mess around with packaging!). Long story short on the ECO you have to remove the plastic panel just in front of the rear axle to do the install. After that there are only 2 bolts to remove on the rear suspension, put the bar in, tighten it down and put the panel back on. Only fits one way so you won't mess it up!

took the car out for a ride on a nice windy road and I do have to say this brace gives better rear end feel than the strut tower bar. If I did it over this would have been my first purchase as all the wiggle from the rear wheels is just flat out gone and the car feels nice and tight in corners. Making me reconsider possibly buying some more braces :)
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Install took about 10 min, unwrapping it took about 15 min :) (UR does not mess around with packaging!).
I know, I love it, lol. I'm gonna try and put mine on in the next few days (maybe today) but I only have the stock jack from the trunk and I don't have access to a lift. (I know you do, lol.) Do you think I could do it with my limited tools?

· Premium Member
2,811 Posts
My lower rear and front braces arrived earlier this week, however my weekend was already booked to visit my daughter at her college. Hearing all these great reports on results following install - I want to get these on as soon as possible.

· Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know, I love it, lol. I'm gonna try and put mine on in the next few days (maybe today) but I only have the stock jack from the trunk and I don't have access to a lift. (I know you do, lol.) Do you think I could do it with my limited tools?
I'm sure you can, all you need is an 18MM socket and an extension and ratchet

· Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My lower rear and front braces arrived earlier this week, however my weekend was already booked to visit my daughter at her college. Hearing all these great reports on results following install - I want to get these on as soon as possible.

Mine isn't lowered but this brace sits up next to the fuel tank, you can't possibly drag it unless you drag the rear axle and fuel tank first

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.