Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I have my bumper off redoing my hids so in the winter they don't get full of snow and seen a couple of forms where people removed the intake snorkel and since i have my bumper off i was gonna remove that, but just wanted to see if it makes a difference and is it safe? pictures are attached:) ill be watching since im working on car as we speak
2015-11-28 14.38.18.jpg 2015-11-28 14.38.11.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Well, I can see a Cartridge filter peeking over the core support so the tube is doing nothing......I'd say leave it in position in case you ever go back to stock...no real advantage in removing it.

Rob

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Some people have claimed that throttle response is a bit better. The most noticeable difference is the turbo sound is increased. I did a similar mod to my diesel Cruze (a much smaller piece mind you was removed) but I like the difference in sound. Removing what you've removed will have no adverse effects.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks For the Quick Reply Im not going stock anytime soon as i just got a elite tune and more so imma leave it off and see what happens thanks again:
Some people have claimed that throttle response is a bit better. The most noticeable difference is the turbo sound is increased. I did a similar mod to my diesel Cruze (a much smaller piece mind you was removed) but I like the difference in sound. Removing what you've removed will have no adverse effects.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Had it off for a week and i notice only alittle more turbo sound.. im sure the performance part is in my head...
Keep us informed on your observations !

2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ 1.4L Turbo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts