Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a 2013 chevy cruze LT1.4 and im having a big issue, and a couple weeks ago my check engine light came on and my car started make a loud puffing noise coming from the engine, so i thought it was my catalyst converter i had bought a new one and changed it so i start the car back up and it still makes a loud puffing noise, so im thinkin its a crack or the gasket is messed up in my turbo exhaust manifold right over the top of the catalyst converter…. Any suggestions???

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
796 Posts
Can you video it real quick and post it ?

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
It sounds like the leak is under the car and or at the intake.. and the way its running to me suggests a vacuum leak.. while its running use your hand around the intake manifold edges and the valve cover edge near the intake and see if you notice the sound change.. if you find a spot where your fingers over it causes a sound change you may have fond a vacumm leak.. I would look under the car at th flex pipe on the midpipe and see if its cracked open near the back side

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Sorry best I have from what I can see and hear through a camera.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I dont but managed :) I hope you are able to find the issue or hopefully if someone else recognizes something they pop in and give more info

Reactions: Dkparker319

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey i have a 2013 chevy cruze LT1.4 and im having a big issue, and a couple weeks ago my check engine light came on and my car started make a loud puffing noise coming from the engine, so i thought it was my catalyst converter i had bought a new one and changed it so i start the car back up and it still makes a loud puffing noise, so im thinkin its a crack or the gasket is messed up in my turbo exhaust manifold right over the top of the catalyst converter…. Any suggestions???
this is a video of thenoise it makes

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue. Same car but with a 1. L. Changed the flex pipe and the noise is still there. I can't make the noise and be under the car or hood at the same time. I'm thinking as a mechanic yearsnago this sounds like it could be an idle air bypass valve. I need to keep looking on the internet before trying it though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts