Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm to the point now where I would really like to get this figured out. I did a brief search on here and haven't seen anything like my exact issue. I have a 13' Eco with the Mylink. When I first bought the car I had an iPhone 4S and was able to play music through my USB cord without any issues. I upgraded to an iPhone 5s back in February and the phone also worked fine via the USB for a while. A few months ago, however, it started acting up. When I plug the phone into the USB the car recognizes the phone, plays whatever song was last playing for about 5 seconds then the audio cuts out to no sound at all. It does this everytime.

Things to note:
-Phone charges fine when plugged in
-MyLink does recognize the device
-I am using an Apple USB cord. This cord has worked fine in this exact car
-The audio plays for about 5 seconds then cuts out
-All blue tooth features work perfectly (phone calls, music, etc)
-iPhone 5S
-I've re"paired" the device to the car several times to try and fix the issue

Is it possibly a setting on my phone? Setting on the car? I asked my local dealer about the issue today when I dropped the car off for a few recalls and all they could tell me was that there are "known" issues with the MyLink... The bulletin they gave me says that the car should support the "iPhone" device. It does not go into detail which models of iPhone.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I'm to the point now where I would really like to get this figured out. I did a brief search on here and haven't seen anything like my exact issue. I have a 13' Eco with the Mylink. When I first bought the car I had an iPhone 4S and was able to play music through my USB cord without any issues. I upgraded to an iPhone 5s back in February and the phone also worked fine via the USB for a while. A few months ago, however, it started acting up. When I plug the phone into the USB the car recognizes the phone, plays whatever song was last playing for about 5 seconds then the audio cuts out to no sound at all. It does this everytime.

Things to note:
-Phone charges fine when plugged in
-MyLink does recognize the device
-I am using an Apple USB cord. This cord has worked fine in this exact car
-The audio plays for about 5 seconds then cuts out
-All blue tooth features work perfectly (phone calls, music, etc)
-iPhone 5S
-I've re"paired" the device to the car several times to try and fix the issue

Is it possibly a setting on my phone? Setting on the car? I asked my local dealer about the issue today when I dropped the car off for a few recalls and all they could tell me was that there are "known" issues with the MyLink... The bulletin they gave me says that the car should support the "iPhone" device. It does not go into detail which models of iPhone.
Hey there,

Truly sorry for the concerns with your MyLink! If you need any additional assistance, try contacting our Infotainment Team at 855-478-7767. Let me know in a private message if you need assistance into the dealership at all. I would be happy to contact them on your behalf. We are only a private message away :).

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
10,711 Posts
If you are iOS8, thats the current issue. GM knows about it and that's as much as they kinda said on it. Their instructions were to make sure you don't have emoji's in any of your contacts names, delete and re backup iCloud and delete the background apps. I usually took it a few steps farther and reset radio monthly and or reboot the phone.

I'll try and grab the PI# when I go back in for my ordered B2B parts that are sitting up waiting for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are iOS8, thats the current issue. GM knows about it and that's as much as they kinda said on it. Their instructions were to make sure you don't have emoji's in any of your contacts names, delete and re backup iCloud and delete the background apps. I usually took it a few steps farther and reset radio monthly and or reboot the phone.

I'll try and grab the PI# when I go back in for my ordered B2B parts that are sitting up waiting for me.
I am on iOS8. Actually just did the update yesterday to the 8.1.1. I'm a 29 year old man, I've never used emoji's lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any updates on this that anyone knows of? My phone still does the same **** thing.

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Just for kicks and grins, what happens if you put the phone into airplane mode before you connect? Just trying to minimize the "interruptions" it gets.

·
Registered
31 Posts
While my phone doesn't cut out every time, it has done it from time to time. I have always been on the IOS 8. It usually works after I mess with it a few times, but it is rather aggravating.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Just for kicks and grins, what happens if you put the phone into airplane mode before you connect? Just trying to minimize the "interruptions" it gets.
I'll give that a shot today and see. Looks like a new 8.1.3 IOS came out yesterday and I updated. I'm hoping maybe that will help.

While my phone doesn't cut out every time, it has done it from time to time. I have always been on the IOS 8. It usually works after I mess with it a few times, but it is rather aggravating.
My does it every single time. It has never not done it. Well at least with one of the last few IOS updates I've done on the phone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No luck. The update didn't fix and neither does turning the phone onto Airplane mode.

·
10,711 Posts
What type of music is on it? I found some music after updates don't like being placed in the car. If yo goes silent try to skip to next song.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What type of music is on it? I found some music after updates don't like being placed in the car. If yo goes silent try to skip to next song.
Just whatever I've dl'd off of itunes. The songs play for about 5-10 seconds then the audio stops and the screen says "indexing".

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have this same issue with my iPhone 6. Only it happens occasionally after about 8 or 10 songs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This happens to me every single time. I can't play one song without it happening. What's most frustrating about this is my GF got a brand new iPhone 6 last week that is obviously on the latest iOS and it plays perfectly in the car. I think it has to be some type of setting on my phone. The only difference that I know of between our phones is I'm on verizon and she's on sprint. My phone DID work at one point though. It just randomly quit working a few months back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This happens to me every single time. I can't play one song without it happening. What's most frustrating about this is my GF got a brand new iPhone 6 last week that is obviously on the latest iOS and it plays perfectly in the car. I think it has to be some type of setting on my phone. The only difference that I know of between our phones is I'm on verizon and she's on sprint. My phone DID work at one point though. It just randomly quit working a few months back.
Hmm idk... I'm on verizon with the latest IOS as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying that is a recall issue same with other computer issues
. I never had any problems with my car but the letter is good for a year. Maybe it's something that you need to look into

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Anybody try this? There's a phone number for help there at the end somewhere.

GM Total Connect

1 - 16 of 16 Posts