Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i'v noticed that some cruze gen2 pictures have multiple usb module. is there an option to swap our single USB/Aux module to this beaty?
Thanx!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Might be 2019 specific if I had to guess. Or guessing by the lack of covers it's a non-US model. The US ones come with little door covers that covers the ports

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might be 2019 specific if I had to guess. Or guessing by the lack of covers it's a non-US model. The US ones come with little door covers that covers the ports
Oh those covers...I really do not understand why they are here..
About the pic, I took it from Chinese cruse post..

·
Registered
829 Posts
Oh those covers...I really do not understand why they are here..
About the pic, I took it from Chinese cruse post..
Yea they're annoying lol

Here's the parts on a 2019 US parts lookup, item #1. They list both single and dual USB ports. No idea if the harness is different or not, it only lists for with and without keyless start. Also the rear port is different seemingly (#2) - it lists a USB port for models with the dual USB and a power outlet for models with single. My 2017 has the single and the rear is a 110V AC outlet.

Reactions: Fireworks234

·
Registered
53 Posts
This has been covered before. I have a 2018. I used this for $40: GM 2016+ center console dual USB & Aux port module NEW
The MyLink Radio recognizes both USB Sources. So I can have a flash drive (Fat32 format) with MP3 tunes and also have my phone running Android Auto for Maps, etc. The USB Charge rate is still abysmal, so no improvements there.

Install is pretty straight forward/ Trickiest parts is removing the existing plug. It just snaps in there, but is pretty tight. A plastic spudger like you'd use for taking apart modern electronics, iPhone, etc works well to pry it out. You need something with a hook like a mini crowbar shape. Then just un-snap from the existing wire harness and plug in the new one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2017 Td (LT) cloth seats, basic My Link. I install the dual usb with sd card slot and aux port. Easy install, plugged right in. Part # 13581213. And it works as it should.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a 2017 Td (LT) cloth seats, basic My Link. I install the dual usb with sd card slot and aux port. Easy install, plugged right in. Part # 13581213. And it works as it should.

I have a 2018 LT diesel sedan. Single usb with 3.5mm receptacle just like your photo. On my 7" screen like yours I only show one usb choice and AUX. When you swapped out original for the dual with 3.5mm and SD card slot did your source display show two usb choices, one SD and the AUX as well?

·
Registered
58 Posts
It shows a second usb once you plug something else into it. I was using my phone and a flash drive. The format was wrong on the SD card I found in the car and it showed that as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 2017 Td (LT) cloth seats, basic My Link. I install the dual usb with sd card slot and aux port. Easy install, plugged right in. Part # 13581213. A
Possible you could send the link where you found that? when I search that part number i pull up a bunch of similar parts but for the Silverado. The awful pictures it shows don't look the same as the one you have there.

EDIT Not the Silverado but for the Suburban and Tahoe

·
Registered
94 Posts

How hard was it to get the usb off , looking to replace mines , since it’s starting to static after listening for awhile.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Possible you could send the link where you found that? when I search that part number i pull up a bunch of similar parts but for the Silverado. The awful pictures it shows don't look the same as the one you have there.

EDIT Not the Silverado but for the Suburban and Tahoe

Here is the link.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Replaced the dual USB port last night still getting static after awhile. What do I do now ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts