Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 Cruze. Everything is great so far. However, the USB cable has slipped out of the retainer and I cannot get it out. I tried to remove the storage bin below the armrest, but after removing the 4 screws, it would only lift out approx. 2 inches. It wasn't enough to reach the fallen cable. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something else holding the storage bin in place other than the screws? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I just bought a 2012 Cruze. Everything is great so far. However, the USB cable has slipped out of the retainer and I cannot get it out. I tried to remove the storage bin below the armrest, but after removing the 4 screws, it would only lift out approx. 2 inches. It wasn't enough to reach the fallen cable. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something else holding the storage bin in place other than the screws? Any suggestions?
Probably the wiring for the Aux port. The cables aren't the longest things in the world and to make it worse are clipped into slots on the underside of the storage bin.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I don't remember the storage bin coming out of the console from the top. I removed the entire console for the heated seats that I installed, and you can find info on that in the thread in my signature.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I don't remember the storage bin coming out of the console from the top. I removed the entire console for the heated seats that I installed, and you can find info on that in the thread in my signature.

It definitely can be removed separately from the top. When I purchased my '11 cruze a couple years ago, the USB port pins were all messed up and that was how I was able to replace the part.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I seem to remember being able to take the back off the console (the side that faces the back seat). That should give you access to see what's going on with the storage compartment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts