Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put a few audio books and music on a usb drive. i had 2 folders on the root. 1 for audio books and 1 for music. in the audio books folder i had folders for each book. in the music folder i had folders for each artist. when i go to view the USB drive there is no file structure that i can see. does anyone know if this is just how it is, or am i missing something

music-
band z- song-d song-u song-i
band y- song-h song-c song-k
band x- song-b song-n song-m

audio books-
book a- chapter-1 chapter-2 chapter-3
book b- chapter-1 chapter-2 chapter-3
book c- chapter-1 chapter-2 chapter-3

i am getting-
chapter-1
chapter-1
chapter-1
chapter-2
chapter-2
chapter-2
chapter-3
chapter-3
chapter-3
song-b
song-c
song-d
song-h
song-i
song-k
song-m
song-n
song-u

it puts ALL the mp3s into alphabetical order

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
When I play music from the USB the same selection of songs heard previously start over. My CD player doesn't do that. I hate my USB

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I believe you can browse by folder. But unless you limit it to a particular folder, it's only going to look at the filename.

You might also try using something like MP3Tag to write the information to the MP3 file. That way, you'll see things like Artist/Author, Title, Album/Book, and even cover art. (I am assuming you have the color screen.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use playlists (m3u), so I don't mess with searching for files. You could create a playlist for each audio book and one (or more) for music. This would also bypass the alphabetical order issue with file names that start with numbers, if you have any. A randomized playlist for my music also bypasses the shuffle function on the radio deciding certain tracks must be favorites and playing them more and more frequently in the rotation. My USB stick has various folders for artists, some with sub folders for albums/discs. I put the playlist files in the root directory on the thumb drive, but since I don't see folders, it probably doesn't matter where they are placed. My radio sometimes has to finish indexing the thumb drive before it shows the playlists under the playlists menu function.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts