Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just bought a 2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS with the upgraded sound system and it seems that my usb port in the console is loose and not always working. I look the part out and called around to see if I could order a new one but it seems that no one knew where to get one, could you please help me find one?

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I find it hard to believe that the local Chevy dealership parts department couldn't procure one if they didn't have one in stock. Did you try another dealership?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I had this disconnected when I removed the console for installation of the heated seats. One end is in the console that end everyone see's. The connection that is behind the passenger foot console kickpanel is a unique connector. It's not standard USB at that junction point.

I can't see how this cable can go bad. If it's loose in the holder that holds it into the console that's an installation clip issue vs. a cable.

I wonder if that cable part number in the diagrams above is the portion from the console to the junction, or if you get the entire cable that runs all the way up to the radio.

With a custom connector I can see this being an expensive cable.

Pull the passenger kickpanel, and you'll find the connection I'm referring to.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I think someone else reported that theirs wasn't fully snapped together at the console end. As a result, the USB port was "iffy". Once it was fully snapped together, it was fine. This may be worth a "open and inspect" before ordering anything.

Reactions: obermd

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, since I took my console apart for other reasons, rattles, whoever designed this thing should have stuck to designing Chinese puzzles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.