Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright the only problem I have in my cruze is the lack of usb ports. I have a android phone, saying that is there anything I can download on my phone to have my cruze support my phone or let me play music through it? If not then has anyone tried using a y usb splitter cord? (1 male end splits off to 2 female ends) were I can charge my phone and play my music through a flash drive? I know I can plug my phone in and it will charge and then hook up a aux cord to it but then my phone takes forever to charge and it takes sometime to go up 1 or 2 percent.

·
Registered
334 Posts
you can use a USB Hub
Do they make USB hubs that are non powered or powered by the USB port? I've been on the hunt for such a thing for quite a while (not for my Cruze, but for my laptop)

·
Premium Member
916 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you used this before in your car?

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I just loaded a flash drive with all my music library and it plays plugged into the USB port with no problems.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
I use either a Cigarette lighter to USB adapter or a 12V power inverter with some USB outputs to change my phone & power my GPS, both when used are hooked into the rear power outlet so my front one is free.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i use a 2gb sandisk cruzr and it works better than an ipod (touch screen shuffle) imo.
music takes a few minutes to fully index the first time but then loads and switches faster than the ipod, also easier to load music onto it and if someone breaks into my car im only out less than $10 instead of $250.
i have used my phone (htc one) and it recognizes it as a mtp device and reads what my music app data for playlists and such, if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i use a 2gb sandisk cruzr and it works better than an ipod (touch screen shuffle) imo.
Same here. I bought a 16 GB cruzer for about 15 bucks on Amazon. It fits perfectly low profile in the USB slot, doesn't get in the way of anything.

My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to store playlists/folder options, so all of my music is just randomized (and I have a ton of music covering probably every genre). If it does do playlists/folders, I haven't figured out how to set it up.

·
10,711 Posts
Playlist for MyTouch can only hold soo many songs before it gives you "Playlist Empty" message. If you are like me with 30 song playlists, you have to open music from the phone* and pick any song from that playlist from the phone* for it to work from there on out in MyTouch. When the screen says indexing, it's also trying to load your phone book as well if you have bluetooth turned on. Kill some apps in the background to slow the time down. I found bluetooth music faster than USB route but you lose thumps up/down and other features of Pandora. Gracenote sucks and in most cases on voice command never get the song right. It will say the song back to me and play something completely difrent.

/Rant

*In a hands free state or city, you may get a fine and points to your license.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Ill have to get a cruzr but yes a usb hub should work. I mainly listen to the radio though and im not talking about xm.

·
10,711 Posts
Ill have to get a cruzr but yes a usb hub should work. I mainly listen to the radio though and im not talking about xm.
*In my hipster voice* Regular radio is too mainstream... It's soo mainstream the songs are the exact same 3 in repeat. At least XM plays the same 12 in a loop before they go into 2 hours of non stop barbershop talk forcing me to USB/Bluetooth media. I have a hub somewhere at home I may try it out to see what it does. For S&G's I might find a CD to play just to see if the CD player even works.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts