Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep music on a USB on shuffle and this car has to have one of the worst shuffle algorithms ever. I have maybe around 200 songs on the USB, but the car loops about 25 of them and gets hooked on certain artists while completely ignoring others. (It played the same **** song twice in a three-song span today!) I wish it had a "shuffle, only play songs ONCE" setting.

Anyone else experience this? Have any solutions? Only thing I can think of is to dump all the MP3s on the root of the USB rather than keeping them in folders to see if that helps.

This is probably my one and only big gripe about this car so far, so I guess that's lucky, but still. Argh :p

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yep. My car is in love with Voltaire (the Ooky Spooky guy, not the philosopher). One memorable time it tried to play The Crusade three times in a row.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least these cars seem to have good taste :p Mine loves Fitz and the Tantrums, which I have no complaints about, but it's also having an affair with Nickel Creek that's gotten to the point where I'm going to have to end it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
On random, mine does the same thing, but I like the selections a lot better after I did a search by song title, and I selected the first one in the alphabet. Now it is working its way through the alphabet. Pretty neat! I love this feature, USB music that is.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,537 Posts
AGREED.

Mine has an obsession with Taylor Swift...when there are like 3000 other songs to pick from.

I've resorted to just hitting shuffle on the phone first, then plugging it into the USB.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine varies depending on the day. Some days it is in love with Iron Maiden, another day it will Lamb of God. Recently it has been One Republic with a little Lacuna Coil mixed in. One day last week I swear it played 2 hours straight of Machine Head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts