Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping for a used Chevy Cruze and I've noticed that the KBB value when buying one from a private sale (not dealer) is pretty low compared to what I'm seeing out there in craigslist/ebay world.

For example: I've looked at a 2012 LT with the RS package. It has 41,000 miles on it. The seller is asking $15,500. KBB.com shows $13,500 as the private party sale value.

I'm located in Missouri.

I've seen a couple others and they all seem to be about 1 or 2 thousand above KBB value.

Has anyone else bought a used one and experienced this same thing? I'm worried I would be overpaying and if I go to sell it in 5 years, I'll really lose my ass.

If anyone has a used 2012 Cruze that is Silver with the RS package, I'm interested in buying for the right price!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know what you mean about pricing. This is an "in demand" car and that is driving price upward slightly. I am in the process of selling a 2011 LTZ auto with 31K miles and I got private party value for it ($16.5k without any hesitation). The local dealers are all over the map and I seem to be the cheapest. I was fine by that... just needed payoff on the car and didn't care about making money.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Private Car Sales 101:

Advertise "high"...

Haggle "low"...

Accept "medium"...

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
KBB values diff based on zip code. Find a bad area and buy it there. You will never get out what you put into a car. Then find a nicer area and sell it there.

·
Registered
720 Posts
You can buy a new LS at my dealer for $13,997. New Cruze prices have fallen so it's hard to understand why used ones would hold their value. I understand you're talking about a different model.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
$13,997 appears to be the invoice price for the LS. Colorado bans the sales that actually result in a loss to the seller and you can occasionally find a LS MT for that price.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Post corrected. My keyboard doesn't know the difference between S and T.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.