Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a thread about needing help fixing something so not sure if it belong here but I plan to buy a used forge motorsports atmospheric by-pass valve tomorrow for $140 CAD. It comes with both green and yellow springs and the guy selling told me his car is tuned and the by-pass valve has 18,000kms on it.

Do you think this is a decent buy? What's the average life span of one of these. Do they fail? How do they fail? I've added a picture below of the one for sale. Also I'm tuned by BNR and only mods are AEM cai. I don't have injectors or a upgraded wastegate yet, so my second question is would I run the green spring or the yellow spring?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,680 Posts
Just went out and checked mine for ya. Looks like green is “stock” If you’re tuned you could ask tuner to make a tune for the yellow spring I’d assume. I plan to do that soon with Jerry.

Material property

Edit: tried to rotate pic, it’s right on my phone, not sure why it’s not on here.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,369 Posts
I also just purchased a used one for about the same. The only other comparison I have is out of date, but when I first joined the forum, I spent a good deal of time scrubbing Craigslist for parts and found a brand new one for $75 US. Should have bought it, but figured I'd never get a tune...things change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not a thread about needing help fixing something so not sure if it belong here but I plan to buy a used forge motorsports atmospheric by-pass valve tomorrow for $140 CAD. It comes with both green and yellow springs and the guy selling told me his car is tuned and the by-pass valve has 18,000kms on it.

Do you think this is a decent buy? What's the average life span of one of these. Do they fail? How do they fail? I've added a picture below of the one for sale. Also I'm tuned by BNR and only mods are AEM cai. I don't have injectors or a upgraded wastegate yet, so my second question is would I run the green spring or the yellow spring?
Did you put yours on by yourself I can do it seems pretty simple just want to know how I should oil gaskets or what can’t find anywhere

1 - 5 of 5 Posts