Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son went to buy a new 2012 Cruze Eco and they told him that he could only use $1000 of his points on the new Cruze. Anyone else had this problem ?? All the other $$$ he spent on the GM credit card is wasted. They did the same to me when I bought my new 2005 Corvette. After that I quit using my GM card which I put $4000+ a month. GM is loosing card customers over this.

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
My son went to buy a new 2012 Cruze Eco and they told him that he could only use $1000 of his points on the new Cruze. Anyone else had this problem ?? All the other $$$ he spent on the GM credit card is wasted. They did the same to me when I bought my new 2005 Corvette. After that I quit using my GM card which I put $4000+ a month. GM is loosing card customers over this.
NEVER heard of this before unless GM changed this recently! I just used ALL my points, over 2,000 I believe, this past February for my new Cruze LTZ. If I were you, if it's not too late, I would call GM Card directly! This sounds like a shady deal by the dealer!:signs006::signs006::signs006:

·
Registered
182 Posts
This was a long time ago, so things may have changed, but in Dec 2002 we used the full $3500 toward a Vibe...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Is your GM card one of the newer GMCards that have redemption limits? The current cards have no earnings limit's, but do have redemption limits, depending on the car you buy.

The old card has an earning limit maximum of $500.00 per year for a total of 7 years, and all of your earnings can be applied to any GM car.

They no longer offer the old card. If you have one they will honor it. Been a card member since 1998, new cards came out somewhere in the mid 2000's

·
Registered
389 Posts
I used 3000 back in January.

·
Registered
665 Posts

There is a combined cap of discounts you can use on each car, it changes depending on the special. Are you getting loyalty points or any other kind of discount?

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Is your GM card one of the newer GMCards that have redemption limits? The current cards have no earnings limit's, but do have redemption limits, depending on the car you buy.

The old card has an earning limit maximum of $500.00 per year for a total of 7 years, and all of your earnings can be applied to any GM car.

They no longer offer the old card. If you have one they will honor it. Been a card member since 1998, new cards came out somewhere in the mid 2000's
Oh, I didn't know about the different cards. I've had mine since about 1992 and have used over $10,000 in rewards towards various cars. I knew about the $500.00 limit which they did change since I've had mine. Previously, there was NO limit. In February, when I got my Cruze, I used all my points WITH the $1,000 loyalty that they were offering back then.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
gm card rebate is above all other discounts, also you have to have the old card. I have been a cardholder since 92 and they tried to switch me to the new card years ago. After reading the rules of the new card I threw it out and said there nuts!!!! I have used my card on a 2001 prizm ($2200), 2004 vibe (2500) and cruze $3900 i think it was.

·
Registered
27 Posts
"Old Card": Earn maximum $500 per year, for 7 years, total $3500 on any car.
"New Card": Unlimited earnings, but there is a per-car redemption limit ($1000 on most cars).

There may be multiple versions of the older card.
The terms of the new card are spelled out pretty clearly online.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cruze HH

That is so Un-true! I picked up my Chevrolet Cruze LTZ RS on May 27, 2011 and only 825 points in my account, not only did I get the 825 miles I received 1000 bonus! I was so happy that I didnt have to put any money down on the car at all! I think the dealer was pulling a fast one!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts