Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using the stock steel rims for winter tires & getting new rims for the stock tires

Hi!

I am thinking about getting winter tires for the first time.

I am wondering if I can use my stock 16" steel rims for them instead of buying new steel rims for the winter tires.

If I can, that means I can get new rims for my 16" standard tires, maybe something nice-looking. But, they would have to be compatible with the standard all season tires I have.

Just wondering if its possible. I know next to nothing about wheels and tires. I drive a 2014 1LT if that helps.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Will work out just fine…..many are using the 16" steelies for their winter tires……keeps the alloys flawless for spring install.

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks!

What would be a good 16" wheel that would be compatible with both the car and the standard 16" all season tire?

Thanks!

·
Registered
230 Posts
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resu...autoModel=Cruze&autoYear=2011&autoModClar=Eco

I bought some tire rack "Sport Edition" wheels for my winter tires (kept the eco wheels with the summer ones) I really like them, they look very good, have lasted 4 winters with no blemishes, no problems with balancing, and were about $80 each. they are heavier than the stock eco rims, so milage does go down (winter tires are also a factor in my case).
Obviously there are other options depending on your price range, but these are economy cars after all...so i wanted to speak of these in particular.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts