Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Replace it. Air shouldn't be coming coming out of that hole. There are a few post up about checking the check valve in the intake manifold. I'm on mobile so It's a pain to find the links.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think that’s why the car is making the whistle noise. The sound is coming from the left side of the engine.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Do you think that’s why the car is making the whistle noise. The sound is coming from the left side of the engine.
Like mechguy78 said, the whistle is coming from the front crank oil seal. When the valve cover goes it causes the front crank seal to whistle. There is a possibility that replacing the valve cover will fix the whistle but not a 100% guarantee that it will as and you could still have somewhat of a whistle afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got done replacing the valve cover does anyone know if I should wait to start the car so the gasket can settle?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright started her up all good now, one thing. The guide said to torque the bolts to 79 inch pounds it may be a mistake. My repair manual says to torque them at 71 inch pounds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts