Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Valve Cover Bolt Size

36931 Views 27 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Drmilr
Hey Guys!

I replaced my valve cover gasket on my 2012 Chevy Cruze 1.8L today and went to tighten the last bolt and....SNAP. Does anyone happen to know what size/thread bolt it is? I did some looking online and in this forum and I can't really find anything specific. It's one of the shorter E-Torx bolts. I know I can always go to the hardware store and match it up, but I would like to use the correct bolt if at all possible.

Thanks!

Chase
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts

Attachments

· Registered
1,127 Posts
So I've ordered this one from eBay and guess what??? A Treasure Troll Tini Surprise ? #Brand New Strip? Screw
If you can get a die on it - M6-1.0 I'm guessing - it looks like there's enough meat there to repair the threads. They won't be perfect, but should be good enough. The torque spec is in inch-pounds, so it doesn't get cranked down very tightly.

If you can't ID the threads, if you have a nut that fits it, then you can use the threadchecker in the hardware aisle to determine the nut's threads, and hence the necessary die threads.

HTH.

Doug

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.