Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I had the PCV valve issue so i replaced the valve cover and gasket. The problem now is that i have gone through 2 valve cover gaskets and cannot get the thing to seal properly!

The first one did not seal on the back side of the engine by parting line on block (rear passenger side of engine). The second one is not sealing in the front right (when looking at the engine) now!

What do i need to do to get this thing to seal properly?

FYI - 2012 w/ the 1.4L T engine

Thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Check to make sure that the valve cover doesn't have any cracks at the bolt holes? I assume you are properly torquing the fasteners and in a specific order?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, following the recommended torque spec procedure that came in the valve cover box.. And ok, i'll check for holes..

If I remove the valve cover do I need to replace the gasket again or is this one reuseable?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes, following the recommended torque spec procedure that came in the valve cover box.. And ok, i'll check for holes..

If I remove the valve cover do I need to replace the gasket again or is this one reuseable?
Hmm, not sure about it being reusable. Is it some sort of rubber material or cork?
If rubber, I would assume you could use it again seeing as it is new-ish?

Anyhoo, another thing I found is that you need to put some rtv type sealant by the front/rear, cam gear side, of the head. Did you do that step?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it is a pretty thick piece of rubber for a gasket. I did not do the RTV but i'm not sure if that would fix because it is leaking from the opposite side of the head now where there are no parting lines. But i will do that when I remove / reinstall it this time!

·
Registered
52 Posts
You need to go read the 2 sticky that's **** the pcv system. You did not fix your problem. I doubt you messed up the install of the cover - you just didn't do the entire repair hence why you have oil issues now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts