Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Valve Cover / PCV & crank shaft seal

2880 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  oversb03
Hello,

My 2014 Cruze has 93,000 miles on it and have discovered the squeaky noise coming from the engine. By a previous post discovered by pulling the dip-stick the noise went away, so the PCV may be an issue, I checked it and everything there is fine its not sucking any air. So, its the crank shaft seal that is the issue and will have the dealer fix it. I have no current codes or check engine lights on at this time so, my question is should I go ahead and replace the valve cover? I have reviewed many videos on this faulty PCV part and it seems to be a major issue on this vehicle. With no modifications done to the original part you can not simply un-screw the plastic top since its welded into the cover. It also seems that no after market parts have been created to fix this issue as well.

Thanks,
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Same thing that happened to me last week. Turns out after opening it up the non return valve was missing and my valve cover/intake manifold/pvc return hose/catalytic converter are all bad now. If that non return valve is gone, it’s just a matter of time before the rest go down

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.