Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2016 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4L 85 CI that is throwing the code P144A - Evaporative Emission System Purge Vapor Line Restricted/Blocked

Does anyone have any experience with this? I've looked into replacing the Vapor Canister Purge Valve assembly, but the part the auto parts store carries doesn't seem to match up with our Cruze's engine bay.

This is what the part from the store looks like:
Font Auto part Metal Event Bicycle part

This is a screenshot of the engine bay I found on a youtube video I found. You can see it in the middle of the screen.
Automotive fuel system Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car

I took off the air box and engine cover and don't see the same part on our Cruze.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Car Auto part

It seems like our Cruze's engine is different than the one in the video, but all the autoparts stores are showing the same Vapor Canister Purge Valve assembly and I don't see that style on ours anywhere in the engine bay. Is it located somewhere else in the engine bay, or do I have the wrong part?

·
The Nuclear Option
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
5,152 Posts
That's because 2016 was a year they made 2 different body style Cruzes. What you have a picture of is a purge valve for a 2016 Cruze Limited. Those models have the 1.4L LUV engine just like the rest of the generation 1 body styles.

The car you have is a generation 2 body style with an entirety different 1.4L engine. I recommend looking parts up for a 2017 Cruze to avoid confusion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, JLL. I believe I have the correct part now.

I didn't have a chance to get it up on jack stands yesterday, but didn't see it from the top end. Any idea where it's located?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone with a Gen 2 know where the purge valve is located? I got it up on stands last night and went over the top and bottom multiple times with a flashlight and can't seem to find it. Not having any luck in searches either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts