Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My check engine light came on, I took it to Auto Zone and it was reading the code P011. They told me that I needed to replace the variable valve timing solenoid on the intake side. I have the part, but when looking at the engine, there are 2 solenoids. An intake and an exhaust. When looking at the engine, how do i know which is which. One is mounted on the front of the engine and one is on the rear. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Look at the engine from the passenger side. Now look which side the exhaust is on. The solenoid for the exhaust is on the same side. It's the same way for the intake.

To make it clear, the intake solenoid is towards the firewall side, the exhaust solenoid is towards the radiator side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am working on a 2016 Cruze Limited LS and got the error code. I am looking to replace the solenoid. Should I replace both the intake and the exhaust at the same time? Are the two solenoids different?

·
Registered
Holden Cruze 1.8L 2012. 63k miles odometer (15-03-2020).
108 Posts
I am working on a 2016 Cruze Limited LS and got the error code. I am looking to replace the solenoid. Should I replace both the intake and the exhaust at the same time? Are the two solenoids different?
For 1.8l ecotec engine...

1.4l ecotec (turbo?)...

Only need to replace the defective one and a P0011 code is for "Bank 1" which I believe is the intake vvt solenoid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts