Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my 2014 LS 2 weeks ago, can't figure out how to operate the fresh air vents, what's the correct position of the wheels?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Turn the vents towards the open square. To figure this out I turned the blower on high and then played with a vent until air came out. Make sure you've selected the button with just the arrow pointing level while testing as it makes it a lot more obvious.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
I am probably not understanding your post as I had to reread it and Obermd's reply at least twice but...

Here is my 2014 console. This is how I get unconditioned air. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Chevrolet

Edit: I have the defrost buttons switched.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I am probably not understanding your post as I had to reread it and Obermd's reply at least twice but...

Here is my 2014 console. This is how I get unconditioned air. View attachment 223762
I think OP is referring to the vents themselves. There are two icons on the base of each vent with a wheel control between them. One direction opens the vent and the other closes the vent. I think open is to the right but I can never remember and the only way I can keep it straight is to actually put my hand in front of the vent to see if air is flowing.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Found a picture of what I think OP is referring to.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Oh ok, I do not call them fresh air vents, just air vents and only expect fresh air if the system is not on recirculate. Below is how its worded in the manual. I once had a friend open an unused vent in my old Toyota Corolla while I was driving and a rock flew out and hit me in the eye, this before the advent of cabin filters

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Oh ok, I do not call them fresh air vents, just air vents and only expect fresh air if the system is not on recirculate. Below is how its worded in the manual. I once had a friend open an unused vent in my old Toyota Corolla while I was driving and a rock flew out and hit me in the eye, this before the advent of cabin filters

View attachment 223778
And the manual doesn't tell you which way to turn the wheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts