Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Verano doughnut spare for CTD

49506 Views 68 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Boathook36
Will this fit the CTD 5 x 115 bolt pattern, 4 x 16 dia. Offset????
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
6,727 Posts
I would say yes based on the fact its the same bolt pattern and the verano smallest equipped rims are 17in. That would lead me to believe the small donut wouldn't have clearance issues with the brakes on the cruze as well.

· Premium Member
6,727 Posts
Is the Verano spare a 16 inch doughnut? How would that work if especially on the front? Just curious.
The same principal as all gas cruze models only having a 16in doughnut and the car coming with 16in,17in and 18in stock wheels. Its not the rim size that matters, its the overall tire diameter. Larger rims have lower profile rubber so the tire diameter is the same no matter which wheels you cruze came equipped with.

I'm not sure how well the spare holds true to that, but I suspect it has to be within some margin of error to avoid any transaxle damage. Safe bet though I've always been told to use a doughnut spare on the rear only with a FWD car.

· Premium Member
6,727 Posts
If you want a spare that you can drive on like normal you need to get a full size spare with a properly sized tire as well...
My gas cruze came with a compact spare, I sold it for $100 plus traded for the ECO trunk liner and inflator kit. I then used $75 of that money to get a closeout 16in rim from tirerack.com(same size as my cruze came with). I then just paid the tireshop to install one of my old tires when I got new ones.

I feel much better knowing I have no speed or distance limitations if I ever do get a real flat. If I did it again I would have bought a matching 1LT 16in rim so I would have had a spare matching rim as well. I also like having the inflator kit, I've used it a dozen times to air up a tire(goo bypassed).

· Premium Member
6,727 Posts
Those of you considering a compact spare, I weighed the gas cruze compact spare at around 28lbs, my fullsize 16in spare is only 39lbs. Weight of the fullsize will depend on the rim and tire you choose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.