Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Verano doughnut spare for CTD

47601 68
Will this fit the CTD 5 x 115 bolt pattern, 4 x 16 dia. Offset????
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,353 Posts
Thanks to Gator for testing this.

The Verrano spare has now been tested and approved for use on 2014-15 CTD.

Thread stickied.

Reactions: kmacleod and Merc6

·
Registered
232 Posts
Great research guys! I just bought this complete spare and jack kit off of the bay: 2012-2016 BUICK VERANO COMPACT MINI SPARE TIRE WITH JACK KIT | eBay

I will be performing the full delete this weekend including removing the def tank. Will post some pics of the new trunk space after I perform the surgery.
Very Nice. Looking forward to the pics. The added spare tire is one reason I'd consider the delete. Missing an important meeting due to hitting a pot hole doesn't make sense.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the Verano spare! Bought the complete kit with jack/lugwrench kit for $145 (free shipping) on eBay. OEM COMPACT SPARE WHEEL RIM TIRE MINI DONUT KIT 12 13 14 15 BUICK VERANO 16X4 | eBay.

Using the jack and lugwrench included, I changed out my rear passenger tire and drove about 8 miles at 53 mph. Checked lugs, still tight, no rubbing on the brake caliper. Spare tire ran cool, barely warm to the touch. Pics below show what you get and how it all fits in the trunk. Included a shot of the full-size wheel/tire to compare with the smaller donut spare...lots more room for sure.

Good to know I can get home if I have a flat where there's no cell signal, which is quite often the case where I drive in the deserts of the southwest.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Got my Verano spare today! Test fit perfect, too bad the lug wrench that comes with is not the right size :( If I would have known that, I would have just purchased the tire instead of the "set" on ebay. Either way, thanks for the informatnoi!

Reactions: Rivergoer

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Got my Verano spare today! Test fit perfect, too bad the lug wrench that comes with is not the right size :( If I would have known that, I would have just purchased the tire instead of the "set" on ebay. Either way, thanks for the informatnoi!
That's very surprising, the lug wrench that came with my eBay Verano spare kit worked perfectly on my 2014 CTD...very odd. When I tested mine out I purposely used only the kit to ensure I wouldn't be stuck on the road without the right tools. Sorry to hear yours differed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's very surprising, the lug wrench that came with my eBay Verano spare kit worked perfectly on my 2014 CTD...very odd. When I tested mine out I purposely used only the kit to ensure I wouldn't be stuck on the road without the right tools. Sorry to hear yours differed.
Very interesting, I'd wonder if the Verano changed it's lug size, or if I just got the wrong wrench :)

·
Site Sponsor
103 Posts
I have the Verano spare wheel but not the tire yet. What is the correct size tire you guys are running on the wheel?

Thanks

·
Site Sponsor
103 Posts
T115/70/R16 is the correct mini tire size.
Thank you! I tried searching around and finding it but probably was just missing it.

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,021 Posts
Curious but is the DEF tank next to the fuel tank on the Gen2s? I know the fill port is next to the fuel fill. Do we actually get a real spare?

Yup! (Someone here took this at NAIAS this year).

DEF fill is in the fuel housing.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Wow. Just had my first flat on my Cruze with 80K on the car (about 15K on the tire). Puncture in the tread area....but it was a big one and it just laughed at the fix-a-flat juice as it blew out all over my inner fender. Fortunately I was only about 2 miles from home and drove home very slowly on the flat. Pulled the wheel, took it to Discount, paid $26 for a new hazard warranty and got a brand new Pirelli for free.

This would be the only reason I would consider a delete as I ride share with the car and don't have room in the trunk to carry a spare.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Wow. Just had my first flat on my Cruze with 80K on the car (about 15K on the tire). Puncture in the tread area....but it was a big one and it just laughed at the fix-a-flat juice as it blew out all over my inner fender. Fortunately I was only about 2 miles from home and drove home very slowly on the flat. Pulled the wheel, took it to Discount, paid $26 for a new hazard warranty and got a brand new Pirelli for free.

This would be the only reason I would consider a delete as I ride share with the car and don't have room in the trunk to carry a spare.
Glad u got home ok. Lucky you weren't out in the desert on I-10 between PHX and Quartzite, especially in August.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ANY doughnut spare, not matter the size or position used is to be used ONLY for emergencies to get you to a place to get a proper repair done. They are not recommended to be used for more than 50 miles and not to exceed speeds of 50 MPH!!! Yet I have seen many people on the freeway flying along at 70-80 MPH with a doughnut spare on the car... That is soooo unsafe and just begging for problems.

If you want a spare that you can drive on like normal you need to get a full size spare with a properly sized tire as well... If you do get a doughnut spare, I hope you never have to use it. But if you do, be sure to use it properly... Also don't forget that you will need a jack and lug wrench to change a tire. Finally if you do have a flat, pull to a safe area before attempting to change the tire. DO NOT change the tire on the side of the freeway with traffic whizzing by at 80 MPH!!! Get well off the road, preferably to a parking lot or something like that where traffic will not be a factor in your safety!
My daily commute is 200 miles round trip. I carry a full size spare. I also carry a scissor jack and a DeWalt impact driver (400 ft/pd). The same socket works the jack an the lug nuts.

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,021 Posts
Our tires are 17 inch. You don't want to run a 16 inch on the front. You should move the spare 16 inch to the back.
What? The Verano spare fits up front...they use the same brakes as the CTD.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.