Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Verano gauge cluster in Cruze?

911 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  PAChevyCruze
Was wondering if anyone has tried this? I know it isnt a direct swap. You have to take them apart and swap out the boards and reprogram the VIN, which I can do. Only issues I see is the needle for MPH. Verano's go to 160 and the Cruze is stuck at 140. Also, if being an auto or automatic makes a difference. The RPM is the same.馃枛
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
I don't think it will need the motors replaced - the cluster should see what the BCM is setting and display as such - this is how swapping the cluster in my Cobalt worked (went from the base 110 mph cluster to the 160 mph SS/SC cluster).

Reactions: PAChevyCruze

Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
Not sure, but his is my post on disassembling the cluster:

I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think it will need the motors replaced - the cluster should see what the BCM is setting and display as such - this is how swapping the cluster in my Cobalt worked (went from the base 110 mph cluster to the 160 mph SS/SC cluster).
Thats what im thinking. Gonna pick up one from eBay and see how it works.

Not sure, but his is my post on disassembling the cluster:

I'm interested to see what you come up with.
Hopefully something that works! 馃ぃ 馃枛

Super Moderator
Yea that would be good to see if they are interchangeable, like the post I read about swapping a Verano Engine that has 250 hp. I know we used to be able to do it in the 70s(swapping engines that is) I had a friend that had a Firebird with a V6 and we swapped the V6 for a Chev 350. Biggest problem was moving the motor mounts. I know it is not the same but, the police don't like hearing: You know how fast you were going and all you can say is: "No my speedo was stuck at 140" LOL :mad: Up in PA, the highways are rather flat anyway and would be interesting to see...... Let us know!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea that would be good to see if they are interchangeable, like the post I read about swapping a Verano Engine that has 250 hp. I know we used to be able to do it in the 70s(swapping engines that is) I had a friend that had a Firebird with a V6 and we swapped the V6 for a Chev 350. Biggest problem was moving the motor mounts. I know it is not the same but, the police don't like hearing: You know how fast you were going and all you can say is: "No my speedo was stuck at 140" LOL :mad: Up in PA, the highways are rather flat anyway and would be interesting to see...... Let us know!
Biggest pain will be taking the needles off to remove the gauge face and putting them back on right to reprogram the chip with my VIN. Im hoping I can get away with just removing the tach and maybe the temp needles. 馃枛

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.