Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruze LT 1.4T Automatic-69F, street tires, 93 Octane (1/4 tank). Only modifications are a K&N Typhoon filter, a ported intake manifold, and of course our Stage 1 custom tuning! The only difference since my last posted time is the addition of a K&N Typhoon intake instead of a drop-in K&N filter.

Text Document Paper

Cheers,

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was seeing ~200 lb-ft of engine torque max and ~180hp max on my runs according to my data logs. On the highway it is not unusual to peak at ~209hp and 220 lb-ft in my data logs. The time I spend idling or stopped with a hot engine while waiting to take a run at the strip causes the intercooler to heat soak, so peak power always seems down on my runs compared to the open road. I can really feel the difference on the road when there is plenty of airflow over the intercooler. I am boosting 23psi all the way to 6500 rpm.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was seeing ~200 lb-ft of engine torque max and ~180hp max on my runs according to my data logs. On the highway it is not unusual to peak at ~209hp and 220 lb-ft in my data logs. The time I spend idling or stopped with a hot engine while waiting to take a run at the strip causes the intercooler to heat soak, so peak power always seems down on my runs compared to the open road. I can really feel the difference on the road when there is plenty of airflow over the intercooler. I am boosting 23psi all the way to 6500 rpm.

Cheers,
Brian
Here is an example of the torque reported by the ECM with our Stage 1 tune:
Text Line Font Design Pattern

We can monitor this and all available engine and transmission data in real time on our handheld:th_coolio: , or you can save it (black box logging) to the built-in 6mb memory and review it later on your computer.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Hmmm this is cool. With trifecta I get awesome MPG, but my best time so far has been 15.71 @ 87 mph. I wonder what the difference is? 0.5 seconds is nothing to scoff at!

Awesome numbers!!

Just curious what your ECU is reading for engine torque with your tune? Making me think my ECO manual will hit high 14's
Doubt it. The 2011 Automatics are the fastest Cruzes.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...curious, what was the vehicles' "race weight" for that 15.28 sec/98.04 mph quarter-mile?

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...thanks, I appreciate the answer.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
I'd love to see what this car would do withe the ZZP exhaust pipes and FMIC.
I'm seriously thinking about doing this. I just cant decide if I want to spend ~$2500 for tune, intake, fmic, zzp down and mid, custom rest, clutch.

It would be badass to see the numbers from that kind of setup though, i agree there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Awesome numbers!!

Just curious what your ECU is reading for engine torque with your tune? Making me think my ECO manual will hit high 14's
You should be able to, especially since you're packing less weight, more aerodynamic, manual. Every tenth of a second matters!

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
You should be able to, especially since you're packing less weight, more aerodynamic, manual. Every tenth of a second matters!

And less aggressive gears and a narrower powerband...All the fastest times for Cruzes are on the Automatics. Gearing, automatic transmisison, and better tires more than make up for the 100 lb weight difference. I haven't seen an Eco beat any of my times yet, and I'm as high as 15.7 seconds.

In theory, the fastest car will be my buddy boats4life's car. 2011 Automatic Eco - If he puts some performance tires on it, it should be able to get close to 15 flat with the same things Brian is running. The Automatic Eco has the identical same gearbox as the Automatic LT, but keeps all the weight / aero mods.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
And less aggressive gears and a narrower powerband...All the fastest times for Cruzes are on the Automatics. Gearing, automatic transmisison, and better tires more than make up for the 100 lb weight difference. I haven't seen an Eco beat any of my times yet, and I'm as high as 15.7 seconds.

In theory, the fastest car will be my buddy boats4life's car. 2011 Automatic Eco - If he puts some performance tires on it, it should be able to get close to 15 flat with the same things Brian is running. The Automatic Eco has the identical same gearbox as the Automatic LT, but keeps all the weight / aero mods.
If I get out of work early enough on Wednesday I will hit the 1/4 mile. Considering I keep even with some high 14's cars on the street I think I will do ok...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts