Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cruze LT 1.4T Automatic-67F - 57%RH, street tires, 93 Octane (1/2 tank). Only modifications are a K&N Panel filter, a ported intake manifold, and of course our Stage 1 custom tuning!

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
172 Posts
I can vouch for Vtuner. I've known him for years, he is quite handy with Saabs - one of the only guys who can tune the 2.8T from what I've seen.

I'm a handi porter care to PM me and share with me what you've done my friend?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great job.........your Stage 1 includes larger fuel injectors and something else? Have you considered running with a more dedicated intake system yet? K&N short-ram or possibly Injen cold-air?

Looks like were on the road to 14s baby here we come!

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze 1.8 (soon to be 1.8t) LS... white
784 Posts
Cruze LT 1.4T Automatic-67F - 57%RH, street tires, 93 Octane (1/2 tank). Only modifications are a K&N Panel filter, a ported intake manifold, and of course our Stage 1 custom tuning!

Cheers,
Brian
Very cool. Can you tell us a little bit about the ported intake, what you did.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Brian (VT) -- what was your "as run" weight when you made that run?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brian (VT) -- what was your "as run" weight when you made that run?
I believe it was around 3300lb. I weigh 200lb and the 2LT is listed at 3102 curb weight. I only did one pass and left:). I calculated that I should be at 15.5 and 87mph based on my power to weight ratio before I got to the track, so I was happy with the result.

I could easily shave a tenth or two if I did a few more passes and played with brake boosting it more. I was running the OEM 16" tires at 32psi front, 36psi rear. I brake boosted lightly to 2500 rpm and didn't spin the tires at all on my launch.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Banned
264 Posts
I believe it was around 3300lb. I weigh 200lb and the 2LT is listed at 3102 curb weight. I only did one pass and left:). I calculated that I should be at 15.5 and 87mph based on my power to weight ratio before I got to the track, so I was happy with the result.

I could easily shave a tenth or two if I did a few more passes and played with brake boosting it more. I was running the OEM 16" tires at 32psi front, 36psi rear. I brake boosted lightly to 2500 rpm and didn't spin the tires at all on my launch.

Cheers,
Brian
So does 2500 seem to be the magic number to launch at? Do you feel like any higher would cause wheel spin?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts