Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short. Ive ordered dozens of times drom you. I ordered Pads and Rotors, Pads were defective, ordered replacement Pads, also defective. Sent email to customer service asking why I'm responsible for initial shipping on both orders and also return shipping ($20+) received no reply. When I had emailed about other questions I got a response within 2 hours, now crickets. Posted a very calm non threatening message on your FB page explaining the situation, it had now been deleted along with another customer complaint I saw. Needless to say I will be taking my business elsewhere from now on. Sad that after all the years I've purchased from you that you couldn't cover $20+ shipping to keep a customer happy.
"Its easy to ship parts, what makes a company good is how they handle the situation when problems arise"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
They are legally required to pay for that shipping. Just do a charge back on them. Really easy to do, and once you do it once you will feel much more powerful against crappy companies.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,658 Posts

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts
Wow, out of 3138 Reviews they have 1.6 stars out of 10 at the site below. I've heard nothing but good things about them!
RockAuto.com Rated 1/5 stars by 3,138 Consumers - rockauto.com Consumer Reviews at ResellerRatings
I've had nothing but great experiences as well, but my experience was never outstanding to the point where I'd go out of my way to write a positive review. I buy something and if it meets my expectations, I'm happy. It's usually people who feel they've been wronged that go out of their way to write a negative review. It is for this reason that reviews of online stores are generally unreliable. About the best experience you can have is to order your product and receive it in a timely fashion, and that alone is not a reason to go out and write a positive review unless you have nothing else to do.

I've been ordering from rockauto for 10+ years and will continue to do so.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've always had a good experience before, although I've never had to do a return. Looking at the reviews they seem to share the common story of my situation. Looks like I'm going to call up my bank and dispute the charges. Unfortunate that they continually do this to the customers.
I agree that most people will only write a review when things are bad but history shows a trend and eventually word of mouth prevails and consumers will stop buying based on that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
OP, thanks for posting your story. I hope that you can find a resolution with the vendor.

I too have used RockAuto for well over ten years and never had anything negative to say.
They did once send me a wrong (inexpensive) part and they replaced it with the proper item right away at no cost.
I didn't even have to return the incorrect item.
That being said I have never had to do a large return myself.

·
Super Moderator
5,148 Posts
Anytime I have ordered from them it has been nothing but good of course it has only been oil filters and the like never had a return. Honestly surprised to see this thread here.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Rockauto has been great to me for 10+ years.

We were recently rebuilding the rear suspension on a car and they sent us the wrong part somehow. Right box PN; wrong part inside. Called them up and they overnighted the correct part to us, which had to be expensive considering the thing weighed 20+ pounds.

·
Banned
260 Posts
I've had nothing but great experiences as well, but my experience was never outstanding to the point where I'd go out of my way to write a positive review. I buy something and if it meets my expectations, I'm happy. It's usually people who feel they've been wronged that go out of their way to write a negative review. It is for this reason that reviews of online stores are generally unreliable. About the best experience you can have is to order your product and receive it in a timely fashion, and that alone is not a reason to go out and write a positive review unless you have nothing else to do.

I've been ordering from rockauto for 10+ years and will continue to do so.

I generally agree... although they did get a part wrong once in over ten years that I been ordering from them. If one orders parts and the correct parts are received in the expected time frame the supplier has done their job and nothing more to write a raving review about.

I will add that Amazon has met the same criteria and they have also delivered the correct parts all the time in a amazingly fast time compared to others. Lastly I add that my local Autozone has price matched with Rochauto for me at times. These types of things go beyond the norms of what would normally be expected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts