Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently plasti-dipped my badges and wheels and it looks night and day in difference to me. now I want to nite-shade my taillights to match. my question is...how hard is it to remove the taillight? is it simple? I realize I could just jump into it and try, but hey.....then we wouldn't have this forum if we all did that.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I believe there's types of plastidip that you can use on your taillights to give them a smoke look. Instead of spraying something that does not come off very easy.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You'd have to take out the inner trunk lining first just by popping out the rivets, the un connecting the light bulb out of the housings not hard at all

·
Registered
115 Posts
Instead of typing the step by step process.. here you go haha..

https://youtu.be/ZYmTHY--aZM

And I wouldn't recommend plasti dip on lights. I don't think it's transparent. I could be mistaken though. That stuff has come a long way in terms of options offered, there probably are transparent varieties. In that case, I'd be curious to try that and see how it looks myself haha...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used the plasti dip smoke on the taillights of my 2012 cruze, I haven't done it to my 2015 yet. It's easy to apply and it is a gradual smoke so you can't go overkill right away like you can with vht. I would suggest using glossifier as a top coat just help the light come through a little better than having a matte finish. If you want to go really dark I would go vht but if you're happy with just a smoke look, plasti dip is easy and looks decent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts