Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TCC is the transmission converter clutch. When we refer to a locking torque converter it is the TCC that is performing that function. An early apply of the TCC can lead to a stunble, sag or hesitation; as would popping the clutch in too high a gear standard transmission.
I have been doing some research and this is the exact problem I am having with my car. I have not taken my 2014 auto cruze LS to the dealer yet. I have 39xxx on the clock. Would something like this be covered under the 100k powertrain warranty?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took my cruze into the dealer last week. They replaced the timing belt cover because it was "vibrating" under powertrain warranty. The car seemed to be operating normal on my 3 mile drive home from the dealer. Then when I got in the car to go to work the next day it was back to the same issues. Just dropped it back off last night to be looked at again. I hope whatever it is is taken care of this time! Not a fan of the Trax loaner I was given! haha

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1.8L have a timing belt and 1.4 turbo have a timing chain IIRC. I have a 1.8L. I am sure that cover is long gone since it took me a week to get it back in the shop!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picked my car up from the dealer Sat morning and it was not fixed. My appointment was Tuesday morning and after not hearing anything at all on Tuesday or Wednesday I called at 3pm on my way home from work. They said that the car was currently being worked on and that they think a brake line bracket was causing a vibration. They ordered a bracket and it would be here first thing in the morning to be fixed Thursday. Thursday rolls around and I don't hear anything all day. I call at 4:45 when I get off and they said that the brackets did not fix the problem and they needed to keep it another day. No phone call all day on Friday so I call at 2pm and they said that they could not find the issue and they were even on the phone with GM tech support and they suggested replacing the A/C compressor and mount. I just picked up the car and paid my diagnostic fee and went on my way. They said there is nothing wrong with the transmission and the vibration is coming from somewhere else. Any suggestions as to where to go from here? I don't feel like my 42k mile car should be having problems like this already.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
New thread created sine this is for a gas not a diesel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts