Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing the overlays from GrafxWerks and how the smallest details really spice the Cruze up, I wondered what else would everyone like to see in the way of vinyl overlays. Years back on a Celica forum I bought some taillight overlays from BlueBatmobile. They matched perfectly in color and was a very solid product. The overlays are applied with water and then squeeged out and left to dry, where they shrink just a bit. BlueBatmobile does overlays for numerous cars and really does a professional job in each overlay.

Now, I am not trying to sell any products here, but only generate some ideas and interest in these. I know some of you with dark colored cars would like some tint on the headlights and tail lights. Not totally blacked out but just a smoked look without comprising light output. I also know there could be some interest in an overlay for the back chrome strip. What are some other ideas?

I am not trying to take any credit away from GrafxWerks whatsoever. I am merely trying to think of other applications that Andy (BlueBatmobile) could create without stepping on anyone's toes.

Here is a link to his Photobucket album. Check the pics for other ideas. He also does entire hood overlays!

Pictures by BlueBatmobile2005 - Photobucket

If there is enough interest in these I will contact him again and see if he will sign up as a Vendor on this forum. Thanks!

Eric

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...some...overlays from BlueBatmobile. He also does entire hood overlays!
...sorta like the Pontiac hood "Firebird" emblem?!?

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a hood overlay.

Smoked tails

Just to show what he can do for interior pieces..

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
lots of places in the interior

for example the one on the steering wheel you could cover using one of those bubble gel overlays like for the trunk and maybe just sand down some of the texture first :)

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...you do NOT want to be 'messing' with (stiffening) the steering-wheel cover over the Driver's Airbag!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
...you do NOT want to be 'messing' with (stiffening) the steering-wheel cover over the Driver's Airbag!
while your intentions are good i respectfully disagree with you in this case.

As you can see by the attached image the airbag cover has a predetermined breakaway pattern which shifts the entire emblem area to the left. Covering, replacing, modifying said emblem will have no effect on airbag deployment if ever needed.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...I will restate my statement: you do NOT want any "flying" ends whipping around hitting / cutting you in the face when the airbag goes off.

...if any part happens to 'straddle' the breakaway edge, the weakest bonded part will come loose and become a "flying" edge.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
...I will restate my statement: you do NOT want any "flying" ends whipping around hitting / cutting you in the face when the airbag goes off.

...if any part happens to 'straddle' the breakaway edge, the weakest bonded part will come loose and become a "flying" edge.
did you look at the picture? It will not be torn by a deployment

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...I've done air-bag deployment tests and nothing should be placed over ANY separation line.

...your LIFE depends upon the airbag getting out in one piece, not shredded, punctured or (ugh!) enclosed such that it becomes an explosive event.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
...I've done air-bag deployment tests and nothing should be placed over ANY separation line.

...your LIFE depends upon the airbag getting out in one piece, not shredded, punctured or (ugh!) enclosed such that it becomes an explosive event.
I understand what you are saying, but if you look at the picture you can see that the on the left side the Chevy logo remains in one piece after / during deployment so I'm confused at how putting a sticker over the logo that as an entire piece shifts to the left and is far enough away from the seam.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts