Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one would you recommand me?? I'm the kind of person that when it comes to spend some money on something usefull or fun, I rather put a little more and be a 100% satisfied! What would you guys recommand me? Pros and cons?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Stage 0 is the way to go, unless u go for Water/Meth injection, then porting the intake is a good idea.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I would go with stage 0 with a high flow K&N panel filter.I have had great results with the 93 octane stage 0 178HP/201TQ flywheel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a K&N Typhoon on already.. Do you know how much you get to the wheels? I saw the dyno stats on Vtuner website and he gets 151 hp and 168TQ to the wheels. I'd like to get a bit more if I can. But I don't want to blow my engine either tough.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Depending on the fuel available in your state and your altitude.Some states you can only get 91 octane.On 93 octane power can be turned up as Vtuner did in my case.But thats also at my own risk.And based on what your data log fulll throttle testing shows when Vtuner looks at it.My boost for the most part Maxs at 19 psi to hit the power target TQ of 200.But it also can hit 21 psi to hit that target if it has to.I found over the stock tune the stage 0 makes a very noticeable increase in power over the engines power band.I know a lot of Trifecta tuned guys say the power comes on hard but drops way off after 5000 rpm.You will find that is not the case with a stage 0 tune on 93 octane.As far as those dyno numbers those are on the average what you would see at the wheels.And compared to a stock auto trans car maybe 120 hp and 135 TQ those dyno numbers show a nice increase.I plan on running my car on a Dyno jet right at the end of the summer so look for the results to be posted as soon as they are in.Myself and a mechanic friend with a tuned cobalt ss turbo are planning a trip to the dyno together.So it should be fun and we will see what the numbers come out being.If you want even a little more power Vtuners water meth tune would be the way to go.Any way you slice it Vtuners got you covered with very well done tunes!

Reactions: msylvain

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do the VTuner tunes correct the maf calibration for aftermarket intakes? I've found on my car the zzp intake (with the restrictor tube in place) lead to ~+10% LTFT across the range that it was in closed loop, which means in PE, it's WAY lean.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I am sure he does.But that is another reason i run the stock intake along with a hi flow K&N panel filter.My long and short fuel trims look great and are accurate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts