Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have only seen one or 2 reviews on the vtuner turbo upgrade. I would think there would be alot more info on it. Anyone have good data or feedback?

Registered
Have you tried contacting the two that have it? It's good for about 230hp at the airflow it's rated at

Registered
From what I understand, it's just a compressor upgrade. The gains will be limited. Personally, if i remove the factory turbo, I want an upgraded compressor, turbine and bearing section.

Registered
From what I understand, it's just a compressor upgrade. The gains will be limited. Personally, if i remove the factory turbo, I want an upgraded compressor, turbine and bearing section.
If you want all that you have too upgrade the stock manifold the exhaust side is way too small. The vtuner turbo pushed 31 or 35lbs which would and should net around 230hp and for such a small turbo with an even smaller comp housing that's the best and safest way to do it without going to a big turbo

Registered
I would call brian from Vtuner I hear he is great & his tunes are great. I know if you try a search there is a few guys on here that have it. I know for a fact there is a master tech guy on here who has it & he swears by this tune. He is a master tech on gm cars. look for that guy. I tried to send him a friends request but he never accepted it :sad010:I want friends who live in my state of Ma.

Registered
If you want all that you have too upgrade the stock manifold the exhaust side is way too small. The vtuner turbo pushed 31 or 35lbs which would and should net around 230hp and for such a small turbo with an even smaller comp housing that's the best and safest way to do it without going to a big turbo
has anyone tried to port the turbine housing and get a couple mm larger wheel in there? in any case, there are several larger turbos overseas that could be adapted to work on the 1.4t (as an integrated turbine/manifold solution). Someone just has to step up and do it.

It's kind of contradictory to say the turbine is too small, but we are going to shove a larger compressor in and get good results. That ultimately ends up stressing the exhaust side even more. I remember the early days of the LNF support - compressor upgrades were a joke relative to the cost and labor of installation.

Premium Member
for what it's worth, I run a big wheel stocker in the SRT4 which is a stock housing with a 30% bigger wheel. The benefit is that you can get more airflow at the same PSI which means less stress on the turbo, easier upgrade route since you don't need to change anything other than turbo and tune and you don't have issues with the lag that may come with a bigger trim. It also makes a better turbo noise :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts