Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to bite the bullet on a tune but I'm torn between VTuners Stage 0 or the new Trifecta tune. I had decided for some time that I'd be choosing Trifecta but with the recent issues (and apparent lack of customer service) I'm leaning back towards VTuners. My main gripe with my Cruze is the performance of the 6-speed automatic transmission. Can anyone with a VTuners tune chime on if this was improved after tuning? I understand the Trifecta tune will reflash the TCM as well, is this the case for the VTuners tune as well?

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
I'm ready to bite the bullet on a tune but I'm torn between VTuners Stage 0 or the new Trifecta tune. I had decided for some time that I'd be choosing Trifecta but with the recent issues (and apparent lack of customer service) I'm leaning back towards VTuners. My main gripe with my Cruze is the performance of the 6-speed automatic transmission. Can anyone with a VTuners tune chime on if this was improved after tuning? I understand the Trifecta tune will reflash the TCM as well, is this the case for the VTuners tune as well?
Brian at Vtuner is very quick to respond. You can email him directly to get the most accurate answer.
11LTZ,
Please be sure to share whatever you learn from Brian at Vtuner with the entire CruzeTALK community. You are not alone in being frustrated and disappointed with the performance of the Cruze's 6T40 automatic transmission as it's delivered from the manufacturer. Thanks.
- -
Ulysses

·
Registered
990 Posts
What issues are you having with the trans?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
11LTZ,
Please be sure to share whatever you learn from Brian at Vtuner with the entire CruzeTALK community. You are not alone in being frustrated and disappointed with the performance of the Cruze's 6T40 automatic transmission as it's delivered from the manufacturer. Thanks.
- -
Ulysses
I actually sent Brian an email several weeks ago but haven't heard anything back, which is disappointing as I've heard great things about his customer service.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I find it very inconsistent, as well as shifting slow.
You must have a 2011 Cruze. Tune isn't going to help that GM has a update for the tcm that does help a little

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Vtuners trans tune is good it does change the feel of the trans.I use the trans tune and the stock trans tune.I flash back and forth.I am running the stock trans tune now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You must have a 2011 Cruze. Tune isn't going to help that GM has a update for the tcm that does help a little
Yes I do. I work at a GM dealership and have had my car in for this complaint. No-one ever mentioned the GM update. They re-flashed my adaptive shift settings but it didn't seem to help. It was to my understand that both of these tunes re-flashed the TCM as well. Is this not true?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yes they reflash the TCM (Trifecta/Vtuner) also keep in mind the 6 speed auto does feel strange anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried contacting Brian once again at VTuner using both emails listed on the site and haven't heard anything back. Looks like I'm not going with them.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I dont understand what your trying to find out? Why not just buy the tune and go with it.What you get is 2 tunes and a trans tune for the price he has listed.Than he will optimize for 91 or 93 octane.Most likely i am going to buy another cruze so both me and the wife have one.Its time to replace her cobalt.I will be tunning that one to with Vtuner.The wife seems to really like the auto trans program.My car runs great so thats enough to do it over again with another cruze.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts