Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was strolling through the local Walmart and happened to turn down the clearance isle. You know, the isle where all the unsold toys and unpopular do dads end up when nobody is buying them. To my surprise there was 7 5qt jugs of Pennzoil Euro L 5w30 sitting on the shelf marked down from $27 to $21. I considered that a fair deal so I picked up 3 jugs and proceeded to check out.

When I got to the car I happened to check my receipt and discovered the Euro L had rung up for $13 not $21. I got my diesel driving butt back into that store and promptly bought the remaining 4 jugs. I am now set for a few oil changes I guess.

Looked online and the price was $27. Don't know why the local Walmart had it on clearance and mis-marked. It pays to go down that clearance isle from time to time.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't know about the Diesel, but the regular 1.4l Turbo engine requires Dexos oil.
That being said, you can always buy a jar of this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I4E91GI/

And add a quart of this to your current oil mixture.
Fill the engine oil to the lowest line, so that 2-3k miles down the line you can add another quart to the engine.

You don't really need to drain the engine, but on the 1.4 liter turbo engine, you can keep adding a quart of Dexos oil each 2-3k miles (as long as you don't overfill the engine).

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,583 Posts
Last time I bought Euro L, it was on sale at Walmart, but just a regular sale, not clearance.

I still have it, since I couldn't get the stupid drain plug out.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I don't know about the Diesel, but the regular 1.4l Turbo engine requires Dexos oil.

Fill the engine oil to the lowest line, so that 2-3k miles down the line you can add another quart to the engine.

You don't really need to drain the engine, but on the 1.4 liter turbo engine, you can keep adding a quart of Dexos oil each 2-3k miles (as long as you don't overfill the engine).
LOL.... DEXOS1 is old school. Diesels require the big DEXOS2. ​Not found in every auto parts store.

Reactions: MP81

·
Registered
414 Posts

LOL.... DEXOS1 is old school. Diesels require the big DEXOS2. ?Not found in every auto parts store.
I happened to have passed by our local walmart store, and they had Dexos 2 oil for sale at $26 a jar, from Pennzoil, the green kind of jar.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Must be a glitch in the system or something.

He sent me a link to check on prices and there was actually 2 walmarts selling for $13.

All the other stores around here ring up at the normal price.

Seems kind of strange.

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
When I got to the car I happened to check my receipt and discovered the Euro L had rung up for $13 not $21. I got my diesel driving butt back into that store and promptly bought the remaining 4 jugs. I am now set for a few oil changes I guess.
Deja Vu?

Reactions: snowwy66

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,583 Posts
No - this is a pattern I'm seeing.

Most (if not all) of their other posts have simply been a copy of part or all of someone else's earlier in the thread.

Reactions: Rivergoer
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.