Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Here is an outstanding deal for those who are wishing for a trouble free CTD.

Search results for: 'Cruze downpipe'
By far the best money I've spent on mine. Only have about 1500 km's with it tuned and deleted, but it's been fantastic and I'm absolutely love driving it since the tune and delete. I'm going to be writing a review on it here soon, but want to get some more mileage on it first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is probably a really dumb question, but I'm learning as I go here. What are the benefits of a delete? Also, what is the downpipe for?

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
This is probably a really dumb question, but I'm learning as I go here. What are the benefits of a delete? Also, what is the downpipe for?
Eliminates all the issues with emissions systems, sensors, DPF and EGR. Also eliminates the need for DEF (some remove the tank and replace with spare tire).

Downpipe replaces the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) as it is no longer needed.

Check emissions laws for your area. Deleted vehicle may not pass inspection.

More info here: http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/169-...npipe-egr-delete-oz-tuning-flash-install.html

Reactions: A0390

·
Registered
533 Posts
Eliminates all the issues with emissions systems, sensors, DPF and EGR. Also eliminates the need for DEF (some remove the tank and replace with spare tire).

Downpipe replaces the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) as it is no longer needed.

Check emissions laws for your area. Deleted vehicle may not pass inspection.

More info here: http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/169-...npipe-egr-delete-oz-tuning-flash-install.html
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/201-...ed-normal-engine-overheated-turn-off-car.html

But also deletes your Power Train Warranty...see link.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Of course it does. Who would think it wouldn't? Still would be worth the risk if you're constantly having issues with sensors and parts.

I ended up leaving my car's emissions alone for now, and tried the Trifecta tuning. Rather happy with that so far.
But my end goal is to buy some parts from Oz and lighten the car up a bit.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well good for you!!!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
To each their own.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sailurman, in her other thread (A0390 above), she says that she just got quoted up to 1500 dollars to have an emissions sensor replaced. She also says that her car has 80,000 miles on it, so it’s on the last legs of her powertrain warranty. It would make no sense in her position to come out of pocket 1500 dollars to keep a powertrain warranty that will be gone in a few months, and then still have to worry about coming out of pocket even more for future emissions system failures.

·
Registered
302 Posts
This has also been touched on a lot on this forum, but a tune and delete does not necessarily void your powertrain warranty. If you read the terms and conditions of your warranty, it very clearly states that damages caused by modifications are not covered by warranty. Although, as I've also said before. It's much easier for a dealer to say that the damage was caused by the modification than for you to prove that it wasn't, but nowhere in the warranty does it say that modifications void it. Personally, if you're going to tune and delete, I think you need to know in the back of your mind that you may never get another powertrain warranty claim paid. If something happened to mine (mine is tuned and deleted) I'd still take it in, but would not be surprised if they declined the claim. A better example of how this works would be if you tune and delete and your sunroof quits working and you're under the bumper to bumper, it's going to be pretty hard for them to say that the tune and delete caused the sunroof to fail.

·
Registered
197 Posts
When you start having to pay for the sensors it’s time to think about deleting. When they wanted $900 for a NOX sensor that would later fall under a recall I figured my warranty was up even though the car only had 6xxxx miles. Going the shop once a month had become a PITA, but it wasn’t costing me anything and I was getting a loaner. Going to the shop for anything other than maintenance shouldn’t be happening with a 2 1/2 year old car that I bought new, and now it doesn’t :go:

·
Registered
314 Posts
This has also been touched on a lot on this forum, but a tune and delete does not necessarily void your powertrain warranty. If you read the terms and conditions of your warranty, it very clearly states that damages caused by modifications are not covered by warranty. Although, as I've also said before. It's much easier for a dealer to say that the damage was caused by the modification than for you to prove that it wasn't, but nowhere in the warranty does it say that modifications void it. Personally, if you're going to tune and delete, I think you need to know in the back of your mind that you may never get another powertrain warranty claim paid. If something happened to mine (mine is tuned and deleted) I'd still take it in, but would not be surprised if they declined the claim. A better example of how this works would be if you tune and delete and your sunroof quits working and you're under the bumper to bumper, it's going to be pretty hard for them to say that the tune and delete caused the sunroof to fail.
This is correct, also if I was the guy in the thread that was linked a few posts back, I would fight that dealership because they know as well as everyone else that the delete had absolutely NOTHING to do with that water pump failing. The problem is it’s easy for them to just yell “VOID” without proving anything and hope that you won’t spend the time and money fighting them.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Does a Tune (associated with a delete) disable or reset various sensors, interlocks, and settings associated DIRECTLY with the powertrain...engine, transmission and turbo? Game, Set, and Match. LOL Don't even try.....

Reactions: Rivergoer

·
Registered
314 Posts
Does a Tune (associated with a delete) disable or reset various sensors, interlocks, and settings associated DIRECTLY with the powertrain...engine, transmission and turbo? Game, Set, and Match. LOL Don't even try.....
Actually, it doesn’t.

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

And once again, here we are, with the typical anti-delete poster hogging up a perfectly civilized, informative thread while using “scare tactics” trying to push your own personal opinions on others as if your opinion is the only acceptable one. Like a broken record.

Weren’t we supposed to get a delete-specific sub section in the forum somewhere to keep this kind of nonsense from cluttering up constructive threads?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Actually, it doesn’t.

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

And once again, here we are, with the typical anti-delete poster hogging up a perfectly civilized, informative thread while using “scare tactics” trying to push your own personal opinions on others as if your opinion is the only acceptable one. Like a **** broken record.
I was going to post something similar, but the last time I got in a war with an anti-delete guy, the ban hammer was threatened and my post was deleted lol.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I was going to post something similar, but the last time I got in a war with an anti-delete guy, the ban hammer was threatened and my post was deleted lol.
This nonsense is getting old. Don’t come into a thread about deletes and dog on everyone in there because they don’t have the same opinion on what they want to do with their cars. This is a public forum and some people don’t understand that just because they don’t agree with deleting, some people do want to do it, and it would be nice if we could share information on here without being sidetracked by constant bickering

·
Registered
533 Posts
Lighten up FRANCIS!!! I am not HATING on anything. If you want to pollute the air and break the law, I could give a flying F. All I did was state some facts.

Now you go ahead and explain how I have no idea what I am talking about and YOU stop hating. And the tell me how a DELETE tune does not impact various sensors, interlocks, and settings associated DIRECTLY with the powertrain...engine, transmission and turbo.

Again, I am not the one here hating so cool the engines Roger Ramjet!!!
:th_down:

Reactions: Sunline Fan

·
Registered
302 Posts
This nonsense is getting old. Don’t come into a thread about deletes and dog on everyone in there because they don’t have the same opinion on what they want to do with their cars. This is a public forum and some people don’t understand that just because they don’t agree with deleting, some people do want to do it, and it would be nice if we could share information on here without being sidetracked by constant bickering
Couldn't agree more. Really need a tune and delete subsection on the forums. Although, the anti-delete crowd would likely still come and point out how we're all wrong. Maybe need a tune and delete subsection with the rule that if you post and are anti-delete, your post gets deleted with repeat offenders getting a temporary ban.

Lighten up FRANCIS!!! I am not HATING on anything. If you want to pollute the air and break the law, I could give a flying F. All I did was state some facts.

Now you go ahead and explain how I have no idea what I am talking about and YOU stop hating. And the tell me how a DELETE tune does not impact various sensors, interlocks, and settings associated DIRECTLY with the powertrain...engine, transmission and turbo.

Again, I am not the one here hating so cool the engines Roger Ramjet!!!
:th_down:
Not hating? Sounds like you're hating. Pollute the air? You have a vehicle with an 8.1L V8 that gets under 10 mpg and your criticizing me for polluting the air? Don't be such a hypocrite. Break the law? Nothing illegal about a tune and delete where I live.

Regardless of whether it's effecting them directly or not, it still needs to be the cause of the failure for a warranty claim. If my car blows the head gasket because it's now running around 28 PSI of boost (I think that's what it runs tuned), then yeah that's not covered. You do realize that even running a different oil than what the manufacture put in could lead to them denying a warranty claim if it was proven that the different oil caused the damage? Changing literally anything about the way the car came from the factory can lead to a denied warranty claim if they can prove it is what caused the damage.

For someone who isn't hating, you seem to have a lot of anger about those who have deleted. I find this funny as I notice your DEF tank has been replaced. When your car needs it's next DEF tank, feel free to let me know. Mine is currently sitting installed in my trunk serving absolutely zero purpose.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts