Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Want to buy AMSOIL Manual Synchromesh 5W-30 Trans Fluid

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  obermd 
#1 ·
My next project is to change the gearbox fluid. After much reading on the forum, I have decided I want to use Amsoil Synchromesh 5W-30. On the Amsoil site, it is $14.26 a quart (need 3 quarts). Naturally, the local Pepboys and O'Reilly auto parts don't carry it. A nearby Harley dealer sells Amsoil M/C products, so I will be contacting him to see what he charges. SO, is there a way to purchase Amsoil products through someone on the forum? Thank you.

#4 ·
I haven't ever had any problems with shifting... I park outside, and the mornings here in the winter are easily in the low and mid 30's... Also, From an economy point of view, wouldn't the heavier oil be less fuel efficient? I am total hypermiler, and all my shifts are at 2000 rpm.... That's why I think I will likely go Synchromesh....

#6 ·
I've been running the AMSOil Synchromesh since 40,000 miles. Works great for me in Colorado, even when the temps go sub-zero.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.