Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i want to paint my calipers, preferably before winter so the salt/dirt/crap wont be coated on it. I'll prolly do a paint matched CRT to keep the scheme going. Any tips/tricks or things to not do? Also, my friend is in my head about this pre-winter paint...anyone else on his side or would it not make a huge difference? I'd rather paint in warm weather in the spring than cold.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Red Calipers.PNG Good idea bro..

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
How did you guys paint your calipers? What kind of paint and did you take them off?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Go to like AutoZone or some place like that.. They sell paint for brake calipers, it also comes with some brake cleaner and a brush IIRC... I took my wheel off and left the caliper attached.. I put an old sheet down on the floor and used a small brush so I could get all of those hard to reach areas.. Let it dry and go to the next wheel, by the time you go all the way around the car the first one that you did will be dry and will be able to put another coat on.. I believe I put 3 or 4 coats on mine.. I love it really makes the car look good on the side.. Also matched up against my black wheels it really shows off the caliper..

Reactions: cdb09007 and obermd
1 - 7 of 7 Posts