Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some searching through the massive amount of information here and it seems obvious an intake will give me some turbo sound. That being said, is there anything else you would recommend to go with it? I'm not going to get to crazy with it as it will be a family car but I will do some little mods. Blow off valve input? Anything else recommended to get some turbo sound and maybe a little power gain. -I will not be tuning this car, or doing exhaust work.
What is the best intake?? K&N seems to be popular, but I really don't want to be sucking engine bay air.
Some input would be great, I come from the aleromod world with a much small community and VERY small aftermarket, I'm also pretty unfamiliar with boost.

On a side note- I have searched for a while and just came home with a 2014 LT2 6sp, 13,630 miles. During my search I never saw a single other 6sp (manual) to get 17in wheels, or heated seat. Its only a few options short of an LTZ, came with leather, rear disk brakes, touch screen, premium audio, sunroof, RS package... so on. only missing nav, push button start, keyless entry (door handle button). Are there just none like this for sale around me or might this have a been a special order car?

Some input would be great, thanks in advance everyone!

·
10,695 Posts
Intake resonator bypass and K&N panel filter if you want quiet spool noises. Short/Cold air intake for full on spool sound. Some get intake and then sell it cause the spool and *psst* got annoying after a while so I suggest find someone with it local and ride along.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
This post is comedy. Turbo sound. Lol

And the 2LT with a manual, isn't all that uncommon. You could order the 2LT with push button start and door handles, in a manual, I've seen a few of them. That's a lot more rare.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have the K&N SRI. I tried it with and without the resonator delete and ended up putting the res back in. With just the Intake you will clearly hear blowoff and spool. Now the part that a lot think is annoying is under lower RPM's you will hear the air suction whistle or also "cricket" noise. Once at higher RPM's you won't hear it but some like it some don't. Doesn't bother me much.. I'm not doing anything other than allowing the natural sound of the turbo become more audible and allowing more air in (I am aware it may be "warmer" air due to being by the engine). If you will get annoyed by the acceleration noise then just do a Drop in K&N Filter as I believe any aftermarket open intake will sound similar. One benefit of the K&N I have found is lower RPM growl.. I tend to like that sound. :)

If you go CAI, then you can get one for about the same price. There is great debate over power and temps between Stock Intake and also SRI vs CAI which I'm not getting into. I don't believe much if any power gain will happen. If you buy an aftermarket intake.. plan on buying it for the sound as you won't be burning tires in 2nd gear lol.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
lol.....turbo sound, that's cute. downpipe made my turbo sound a bit meaner but nothing too crazy aha

·
10,695 Posts
This post is comedy. Turbo sound. Lol

And the 2LT with a manual, isn't all that uncommon. You could order the 2LT with push button start and door handles, in a manual, I've seen a few of them. That's a lot more rare.
In American trim? You can get LTZ wheels on a 1/2LT RS in Canada spec.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Sorry i meant the rims on a LS or lower model, always see that combo around my area.....
Push to start 2LT? That's like 1 of 3 things that separate it from being an LTZ...

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have a K&N SRI. It sounds great to me. Low rpm growl and I hear the turbo spool and blow off. I am sure the SRI will please you enough.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you go with the SRI does the car need to be tuned? My buddy has a 2011 or 12 ltz cruze and he said when he did the k&n sri his car hesitated to shift and would wait until 3700-4000 rpm almost every gear. Im maining looking to hear the turbo and if im gunna have to uograde my trifecta tune im gunna by oass the intake aince there is no HP gain and go with the atmospheric BOV instead.

·
10,695 Posts
If you go with the SRI does the car need to be tuned? My buddy has a 2011 or 12 ltz cruze and he said when he did the k&n sri his car hesitated to shift and would wait until 3700-4000 rpm almost every gear. Im maining looking to hear the turbo and if im gunna have to uograde my trifecta tune im gunna by oass the intake aince there is no HP gain and go with the atmospheric BOV instead.
Read the your intake sucks threads. there were different versions of it and so far new in box K&N is the popular/safe one and quite a few swapped the filter out for amsoil. used there may be earleir versions IIRC where you may or may not cel from it. Intake is more novelty item as the airbox is not restrictive at all. Once you get the oem filter dirty, you will see how it barely uses the entire surface area of it. Deleting the foam of OEM filter also make it louder with the intake resonator delete.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Trifecta has a tune for stock (no mods). If you put an intake on you will need to pay for a retune unless you bought the unlimited package. So if you have a tune already expect to need a retune with an intake. I don't have a tune yet but I believe if you get the one that does 19psi then you would just retune.. If I decide to go with the 24/25psi then I'll probably put 42lb injectors in. The 19, you should be fine with stock injectors.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have no tune, and it drives fine. It would be best to message [email protected] about if you should upgrade your tune. Some tunes say the stock tune will work fine with the K&N SRI because it really doesn't change anything.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If im going to need to pay for the more advanced tune because im adding an intake i will just wait and buy my down pipe, full exhaust, and injectors all at once.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If im going to need to pay for the more advanced tune because im adding an intake i will just wait and buy my down pipe, full exhaust, and injectors all at once.

You can do that.. for $100 more you can get all the retunes you want. So if you don't have all the $ for all the parts at once.. you can update it part by part at no extra charge.. I have to go that route.. lol.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Push to start 2LT? That's like 1 of 3 things that separate it from being an LTZ...
You can push start anything with a Manual transmission....if you have enough of an incline or enough muscle. :grin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts