Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious if anyone has figured out what causes the (seemingly) random warning message about taking your eyes off the road to pop up on the infotainment system. It isn't every time I start the car and I can't figure out if it truly is random or if I am somehow doing something to trigger it. For example, if I open the rear door within a few moments of opening the front door and starting the car, when I shut off the car it will warn me to check the rear seat (sad, but a good feature to help parents stop leaving their kids in cars).

Any ideas, or is my car just judgy?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Have seen none of these....

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
I guess sometimes I put things in the back seat. I wonder if that's when that one comes on, but again it doesn't do it every time.

How the heck do people forget their kid in the back seat though...?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
What Gen Cruze are we talking about? I've never seen it on my Gen1.

How the heck do people forget their kid in the back seat though...?
Habit. I've read of one case where the woman took her kid to exercise class instead of dropping him off because the day care was closed that day. Once she pulled into the gym parking lot, it was all auto-pilot.

I'm so forgetful I have to develop habits how to do things and where I place things to protect me.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
I guess sometimes I put things in the back seat. I wonder if that's when that one comes on, but again it doesn't do it every time.
My back seat is in the down position and the whole back of my hatch is full of parts up to the window line, and I still get the message randomly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.