Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchasing a pre-owned 2014 LS (40,000 miles) for what my research tells me is a great price from a Toyota dealership that does a ton of used car sales... didn’t start off at great price but we got there. I am negotiating a bumper to bumper warranty for 3 years, about $500 per year.
Is this something where they are going to come back on me when something goes wrong and say “we can’t fix that we are a Toyota dealership”? Any advice would be appreciated, first time car buyer here but not totally clueless, need some help on this part though

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I’ve had repair work done at ford dealerships before. It really depends on the dealership.

Now the warranty is a third party thing being pushed by a dealer. I personally would avoid them like the plague. They are selling it for a commission.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve had repair work done at ford dealerships before. It really depends on the dealership.

Now the warranty is a third party thing being pushed by a dealer. I personally would avoid them like the plague. They are selling it for a commission.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah it’s the Toyota plan not a third party. I believe I negotiated everything correctly, got the maximum plan for smallest price because the vehicle showed an accident on the car fax (small side damage no airbag deployment). People have decent things to say about this dealerships warranty plans but wanted to see your opinions because it’s a Chevy- thanks again!

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
If you can get a Bumper to Bumper warranty from a Toyota Dealer for $1500 that would be a good price for a 2014. Remember nobody can sell you a traditional 'Bumper to Bumper' warranty, not even G.M. The question is, what company is selling these "warranties", what does it cover, how much is the deductible, and finally where do you need to go for repairs? The GMPP I bought at the dealer is good at any licensed Automotive shop in the U.S. It is not really a warranty, it is known as a Vehicle Service Contract and covers tons of things, also excludes many things. Get the name of that company and then Google it, hundreds of these providers out there, many just go out of business when they find it convenient. Another thing to look into is Mechanical Breakdown Insurance provided by your Insurance company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts